Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westham tickets the sad truth about the state of our clubs "fans"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Da Man Clay said:
Most people actually as we haven't played Bolton for a long time. I imagine more than west ham.
Hands up who went to Bolton last time we played them in round 3 of the FAC.

:wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the fact that there was a lot more fuss made about the promotion gained via the Grand Day Out at the Millenium Stadium than the back-to-back Championes says it all really.

Like somebody posted on here recently, huge numbers of Albion ticket-buyers are far more interested in the Big Name Opposition or the Impressive Stadium than they are in their own team. Of which the very worst manifestation was the four thousand souls who turned out at Withdean in the Youth Cup, drawn by the magic word 'Chelsea'. That was just shameful.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Simster said:
:wave: and I'd of gone again and probably anywhere else for 3rd round

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Simster said:

No-one I should think as we've never played them in the 3rd round of the FA cup.

:dunce:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
:dunce: well what ever round it was then, I was only quoting him :jester:

4th round and only £7.50 :ohmy:

Last edited:

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
Simster said:

I remember NOT goint to this one, I had promised a friend i would help him sell McMillain cancer raffle tickets at Lingfield races, also due to the fact I had zero cash, however on the Friday before the match a £7000 cheque from Littlewoods pools dropped thru the door. I kept my promise to sell the tickets however with that in my pocket I should have sold them at Boundry park and not at the races!

PS TO BEZ and yes it wasn't a big enough game!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
El Presidente said:
Me, and we were SHIT that day :ohmy:
We were. Albion fans were singing "what division are you in?" when they had just signed Andy Walker from Celtic.

They won, we got relegated, they got promoted, and we've been (miles) below them in the league ever since.

And they're a tin pot club. And Burnden was SHITHOUSE with that supermarket blocking your view. How depressing. :(

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Da Man Clay said:
I didn't want to bite but what an utter f***ing stupid statement. It would have been a better draw for you because you didn't have far to go. Get used to the "glory boys" thats whats going to fill FALMER.

:lolol: :clap: :lolol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Goring Gull said:
If we had been drawn away at Bolton a far better side than Westham nice stadium etc we would never have had the problem - says alot in my book people will go on a local one to London but a very similar draw but 240 miles away and no one would want to know. Useless bloody supporters .

How many of these moaners who didn't get ticket for Westham would have travelled to Bolton?

Ian Chapman own goal, how many of those with West ham tickets were at Burden Park for that FA Cup game?

In fact I might have the ticket stub somewhere perhaps I should of handed it in with my ticket application :)

Yoda

English & European
Re: Re: Westham tickets the sad truth about the state of our clubs "fans"

pasty said:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

SHUT THE f*** UP ABOUT WEST HAM TICKETS

:clap: Here f***ing here! :clap:

BH, our application contained different kinds of applicants just like yours. We noted that on the envelope.

As for it 'going missing' I know someone else who applied and was under the impression his had done the same but had one turn up in the post the other day.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anyway I said to Chesney Christ and the others..............

why does that make me a racist................

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I was there when McCarthy tried to play basketball in the penalty area yonks ago so guess that answers your question:p

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 reasons why the attendance wiould not have been so good.

1. The distance, time and cost involved goiong to it.
2. Would stand less chance of winning than at West Ham.

The same could be said of many teams up North.

i.e Middlesbro, Newcastle, Wigan, Blackburn, Sheff Utd probably Man City. so it is a stupid argument to compare a trip like that to one to a poor London club that we could beat.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I still think of Nogan scoring in about the 81st minute away to Bolton on Des Lynam's seasonal 3 hour video of about 94. Cutting past two defenders on the left wing and then ballooning one into the roof of the net.
The Bolton commentator mentions McGinley, John McGinley, SUPER John McGinley, but no one said anything of Nogan, Kurt No No Nogan, SUPER Kurt No No No No No No Nogan.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Goring Gull said:
If we had been drawn away at Bolton a far better side than Westham nice stadium etc we would never have had the problem - says alot in my book people will go on a local one to London but a very similar draw but 240 miles away and no one would want to know. Useless bloody supporters .

How many of these moaners who didn't get ticket for Westham would have travelled to Bolton?

The sad truth about YOUR righteous, out of touch and out-dated black and white, elitest attitude to football followers and fans more like.

If people don't want to travel, fine, that's their perogative and not your problem pal. Take your book and shove it up your moaning backside.

By the way, had it been Bolton I might of had a better chance of getting a ticket with a larger away allocation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here