Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Upper closing at 17:30

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
and meanwhile in Hawaii …. ;) Exactly mate come on folks get a grip
This is a completly different thing. If the Isle of Wight burnt to the floor and we had a whip-round I'm sure every fan would put a quid in. But what has Hawaii got to do with pies and beer at the Amex. Again, if the staff were off fighting the flames we'd have accepted that. If RDZ was on the Red Funnel we'd have gone with him. But Hawaii is a billion miles away and no one in Brighton had anything to do with there.
Indeed, you may wish to bring up the sad loss of 6 lifes lost in the Channel this weekend. Again, extremely sad but no one working for Sodexu is a life boat person working out of Dover so them being away can not be used as an excuse for no pies at 2:35 on a match day.
Perhaps Sodexu knew they were going to only have half the tills working and, based on that figure, thought they could only sell half the quantity of food thus had only half the food normally sold available on the day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
NS had the worst ever queues and ran out of some food choices early on. Staff on the tills were sloth like.

New kids, with insufficient training?
I’d say so. In the WSU the stewards were checking water bottles as staff weren’t taking the tops off :rolleyes:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What the hell is that all about? Is it temporary whilst they have no staff or something else to piss fans off? We were told by the stewards that we had to go to the lower level bars, strangely the west lower was mobbed as a result so didn’t bother going in. Surely they wont be doing that in the winter? Will certainly mean less sales of alcohol and food post match.
The football’s basically ok though, isn’t it ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’d say so. In the WSU the stewards were checking water bottles as staff weren’t taking the tops off :rolleyes:

Saw the same in the NS, their moment of glory.

As as aside, I went for a loo visit 10 minutes into the second half, the NS concourse was a third or more full. Very happy punters boozing. Confirming masses go to games more for the craic.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
WSU service was useless, obviously a new set of staff with very little training. There was a kid pouring pints without angling the glass and messing every single one up. No sense of urgency 18 yr olds sauntering along totally oblivious to the queue. There doesn’t appear to be a team leader to organise things or speed them up. Needs new caterers or a big shake up. Is it really that hard to predict that there may be a rush at around 3.45, maybe have some prepoured pints ?
Yes, I was struck by the lack of leadership too. You’d think that every outlet would have someone with a bit of authority to gee them up a bit. I ordered a pie. As it was handed to me, I asked for a serviette as there were none on the counter. She then went off round the back and started asking people, and ripping open random boxes to try and find some — to the exasperation of people behind me in the queue. For the rest of the day I was conscious of being pointed at by the angry mob: "There he is! The bastard who asked for a serviette."

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
It was noticeable the lack of snacks in the West Upper today - and the bottled soft drinks were warm.
Gonna reply to myself as some have seen my comment as a moan / first world problems etc.
It’s not a moan, I was just remarking on a fact.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
This is a completly different thing. If the Isle of Wight burnt to the floor and we had a whip-round I'm sure every fan would put a quid in. But what has Hawaii got to do with pies and beer at the Amex. Again, if the staff were off fighting the flames we'd have accepted that. If RDZ was on the Red Funnel we'd have gone with him. But Hawaii is a billion miles away and no one in Brighton had anything to do with there.
Indeed, you may wish to bring up the sad loss of 6 lifes lost in the Channel this weekend. Again, extremely sad but no one working for Sodexu is a life boat person working out of Dover so them being away can not be used as an excuse for no pies at 2:35 on a match day.
Perhaps Sodexu knew they were going to only have half the tills working and, based on that figure, thought they could only sell half the quantity of food thus had only half the food normally sold available on the day.
I think you know the point he was trying to make.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
the point i was making was how fortunate we are when what we have to complain about( and in the case if the post I replied to was as a lack of snacks) about in real life terms is so trivial compared to the lots of so many many more poor souls.

Quite why you need to throw in that ‘ I may like to include‘ other than you want to try and politicise my post.

I could counter with why aren’t you wanting to include Trans rights people, or sex trafficked young kids etc etc etc …. I normally try to stay out of most the political posts on here and anywhere else for that matter so please don’t try and drag me into one here.

As it happens I agree Sodexo have had plenty of opportunity to consider the needs of 30k people attending an event and catered appropriately, after all they are supposedly caterers. You could add in that they have the nerve to not have supplied any paper napkins in the LWS, shock horror.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
the point i was making was how fortunate we are when what we have to complain about( and in the case if the post I replied to was as a lack of snacks) about in real life terms is so trivial compared to the lots of so many many more poor souls.

Quite why you need to throw in that ‘ I may like to include‘ other than you want to try and politicise my post.

I could counter with why aren’t you wanting to include Trans rights people, or sex trafficked young kids etc etc etc …. I normally try to stay out of most the political posts on here and anywhere else for that matter so please don’t try and drag me into one here.

As it happens I agree Sodexo have had plenty of opportunity to consider the needs of 30k people attending an event and catered appropriately, after all they are supposedly caterers. You could add in that they have the nerve to not have supplied any paper napkins in the LWS, shock horror.
Oh for heaven's sake. Context is everything. We’re on an English football team's forum discussing yesterday's game and the overall experience. It’s completely appropriate to discuss these issues.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
NS had the worst ever queues and ran out of some food choices early on. Staff on the tills were sloth like.

New kids, with insufficient training?
Possibly but the ones in WSU seemed to know what they were doing just didn't seem that happy to be there ! The guy that served us took half his serving time just taking the two bottle tops off ..... hmmmmm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here