Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] West Sussex folk...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
View attachment 132511

Copthorne Church opposite my late grandparents house we lived down the road

I've been in there a few times for nativity plays, carol services and Brownie parades for my granddaughter,

Ps before I get shouted at, I was born in Shoreham West Sussex.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
1st is definitely Leonardslee which just goes to show, if you want to know something, ask an easterner :rolleyes:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
No hang on there a cotton picking minute, Born in Crawley hospital, West Sussex, lived in Copthorne was East Sussex boundary changes now West Sussex, childhood mostly Horsham West Sussex, Haywards Heath then Ardingly West Sussex for 18 years, Sedlescombe, Icklesham, Robertsbridge and finally Hurst Green all East Sussex for the last 15 years. So am I included or not?

No . Splitter !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Leonardslee - confirmed.

I think it was Conde Nast Travller which did a recent top 20 places to visit in the World and had Sussex at Number 11. I was all up for sharing here until I spotted Yorkshire at Number 4 and realised it was a hoax.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No hang on there a cotton picking minute, Born in Crawley hospital, West Sussex, lived in Copthorne was East Sussex boundary changes now West Sussex, childhood mostly Horsham West Sussex, Haywards Heath then Ardingly West Sussex for 18 years, Sedlescombe, Icklesham, Robertsbridge and finally Hurst Green all East Sussex for the last 15 years. So am I included or not?

Northerner.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
@30 secs appears to be under the sea off the coast of (W) Sussex. Hope that helps.

Nice vid though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Should be no such thing as East and West Sussex, it’s just Sussex.

Don’t let them divide and rule us.

Much like Berlin, everyone knows it shouldn't be divided. However also like Berlin, everyone knows that while it is the west is best.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oooh oooh I know. It’s the Black Rabbit [emoji106]

Leonardslee Gardens and the two bridges (Stopham Bridge and the A29 road bridge ?) in Pulborough innit ?

West also sounds a bit like Worst...

We're the East Side, We're the East Side Sussex residents as West and East Sussex are merely administrative divisions and not actually Counties....

.....Just trips off the tongue

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This

Lived in East Sussex 1962 to 1974, then moved to West Sussex without travelling an inch.

How come?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Definitely Leonardslee in the first one by the pump house and pretty sure Pulborough on the Arun in the second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here