west street firm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan 30, 2008
Don't know wether the clubs pay the police to attend but the Police would be obliged to deal with any breach of the peace or other crime whether the clubs paid them or not so your point is irrelevent. Most of the fighting takes place outside the grounds anyway. Whatever way you cut it, football violence is a massive drain on the emergency services.
i agree

Jan 30, 2008
despite some people on here not happy with whats been posted here its attracted a healthy 4,500 views plenty of voyeurs maybe ??

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
What do these so called firms do? Maybe I am not reading th enews properly but there is never any reports of any of these little wannabes even walking about, let alone fighting each other.

its all jelly and tea parties these days.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You all spoke too soon........Buzzer gets in first!!

eh? What have I done now? Sorry. Can't be arsed reading the rest of the thread so apologies if they're due.

Anyhow. Anybody got the statistics for the hoolie arrests for 01/02? Bev Hillbilly - do you know?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Must admit to being in the Bosun drinking team back in late 70S early 80S.As the Bosun was so dark I and a few friends used the Vanguard as our main drinking pub and would meet their most friday nights and sat befor going to the game.I knew most of the Bosun crew and the orginal west st firm and to be fair most were there for the game at first but over the years they were getting in to more fights as we went high in the div.
Best friend at the time did a bit of time over football and a few others got some big fines.

Bo'sun always packed so i used to nip down the vanguard where a qtr of Blackthorn would set you back 60p

Then it was back up the road for the closing time action. Big Sam was the landlord and I remember him having a stand-off with some very tall black guy who used to hang around the streets. Think his name was Desmond and looked quite scary & scared but was actually ok when not stoned/pissed. Think he died in police cells and the OB had a whip round for his funeral.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Being a hoolie is a thing of the past...done the bans and ejections not interested anymore unless some young upstart tried to lay one on me of course

caesar

Oct 9, 2005
rory and the Haywards heath coaches anyone?

Palace away on Boxing Day around1984/85. Two coaches from H.Heath/Burgess Hill. 100 of us sitting at the front of the main stand with Palace in terrace below. The old bill were continually nicking people in the front row and people from behind kept replacing them. By half time only about 60/70 of us left! After the game some Palace bloke got stabbed and they kept the coaches back for searching. Funniest thing was my first day back at College this Palace fan turns up with a huge shiner. Right mouthy git who thought he was one of their lads. Turns out that they saw him talking to some of us and thought he was Brighton. Not sure he ever went again after that!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
eh? What have I done now? Sorry. Can't be arsed reading the rest of the thread so apologies if they're due.

Anyhow. Anybody got the statistics for the hoolie arrests for 01/02? Bev Hillbilly - do you know?

Yes, now where did I leave them..

*rustle rustle*

Yes here they are under your copy of "Hair and Beauty", apparently Albion had 18 fans arrested that year putting us 8th in the Hooligan League.

Apparently Das Reich and his firm were seen doing f*** all at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports