Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West stand lower

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
About a week ago I got me & my son a couple of st for the WSL about 3 rows from the front & towards the north stand, the thing that's been bugging me is that the few seats that were left all seemed to be along the front of the WSL, does anyone know why this would be ?
Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon to have a st but just wondered if these locations were more undesirable & if so why ?
Either way from what I've seen the view should be pretty damn good from most if not all areas of the stadium.... It's just been bugging me a bit.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
It's always harder to see being pitch level, but you'll be fine.
Also, the first few seats you are more likely to get wet.
Wouldn't be too bothered pal.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Back = better view and drier, so it fills up from the back. (Unless in WSU where view gets worse and your dry anyway)

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
It's always harder to see being pitch level, but you'll be fine.
Also, the first few seats you are more likely to get wet.
Wouldn't be too bothered pal.
Yeah I suppose if gus can get a good enough view down at pitch level then it will certainly be good enough for me..... Maybe I'd better invest in a poncho though lol

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I would imagine that the last tickets available in any of the stands would be on the front row.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Back = better view and drier, so it fills up from the back. (Unless in WSU where view gets worse and your dry anyway)
It's funny coz I've sat pretty far back at the emirates a couple of times & always wished I'd got seats further down the front, now I'm worried about being down the front at the Amex...... Think I'm just worrying too much, I'm sure I'll love it no matter where I'm sat

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I would imagine that the last tickets available in any of the stands would be on the front row.

Yeah your probably right & I was late getting my st (had to nag the wife) so shouldn't grumble

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The gradient of the lower parts of the West and East stands doesn't look very steep, so you will have to be back a fair few rows to get decent perspective. I'm row I (ie 9 rows back) but I'm beginning to think it'll be too low. On the other hand, I do like being close to the action... can't have it both ways I suppose.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
The gradient of the lower parts of the West and East stands doesn't look very steep, so you will have to be back a fair few rows to get decent perspective. I'm row I (ie 9 rows back) but I'm beginning to think it'll be too low. On the other hand, I do like being close to the action... can't have it both ways I suppose.
I'll probably get stuck behind someone with a big funky Afro just to top things off haha

D

Deleted member 18477

every seat in WSU will be amazing!! ive sat pretty high in wembley and loved it! personally i love that high view and thats where i am at AMEX, however i have also sat lower in quite a few away games and loved that as well as you are close to the pitch and you feel more involved as you are right next to the action. however i would say in the front few rows its harder to see the other goal (if your more towards 1 end) in terms of has the ball crossed the line etc until its actually gone in and the rest of the stadium goes mental + its hard to see the other touch line and at times you think its still in when its out etc. but anything in the AMEX is better than what we've had for the last 14 years! the club is BACK proper and that's the main thing.

p.s. price and view swung me towards WSU. If WSL had of been cheaper i'd have prob sat there. didnt fancy behind the goal for every game! (behind goal will just be for away games for me).

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It's funny coz I've sat pretty far back at the emirates a couple of times & always wished I'd got seats further down the front, now I'm worried about being down the front at the Amex...... Think I'm just worrying too much, I'm sure I'll love it no matter where I'm sat

That's because the Emirates has 3 (three) tiers, whilst we have 1 (one)

f***ing JCLs on this board. Please can we stop new sign ups?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
every seat in WSU will be amazing!! ive sat pretty high in wembley and loved it! personally i love that high view and thats where i am at AMEX, however i have also sat lower in quite a few away games and loved that as well as you are close to the pitch and you feel more involved as you are right next to the action. however i would say in the front few rows its harder to see the other goal (if your more towards 1 end) in terms of has the ball crossed the line etc until its actually gone in and the rest of the stadium goes mental + its hard to see the other touch line and at times you think its still in when its out etc. but anything in the AMEX is better than what we've had for the last 14 years! the club is BACK proper and that's the main thing.

p.s. price and view swung me towards WSU. If WSL had of been cheaper i'd have prob sat there. didnt fancy behind the goal for every game! (behind goal will just be for away games for me).

Yeah I'm the same really I like watching the game from the side, I could have got seats in the north stand but that's just not really for me although I'm not knocking it at all, I know plenty of people who prefer watching from end to end.
I'm sure it'll be great seeing as Im pretty used to watching game from that awful family stand at withdean

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
worry worry worry. you're like my girlfriend

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
That's because the Emirates has 3 (three) tiers, whilst we have 1 (one)

f***ing JCLs on this board. Please can we stop new sign ups?

What you talking about ? I'm fully aware of how many tiers the emirates has !! & how much further away I was while I was sitting at the back.
Sort ya f***ing attitude out gobby **** !!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What you talking about ? I'm fully aware of how many tiers the emirates has !! & how much further away I was while I was sitting at the back.
Sort ya f***ing attitude out gobby **** !!

:safeway2:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Without reading all the posts I think it is obvious in my humble opinion, you'll get wet when it rains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here