Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Stand Lower Catering/Ajax match

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
…assuming you could get to the counter, which I couldn’t. :mad:

Anyway. North Stand on Sunday so all is groovy. Will just try and get there early and get a programme from last night in the club shop. See y’all in N1D.
The outside programme sellers had the AEK Athens programmes for sale at the following league game. Outside East/ South anyway.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Of course they do, those pies are all precooked. I think Piglet's products are excellent quality.
I think the question was about reheating precooked pies. Reheated chicken should reach 165 degrees f internal temperature and that if Sodexo were serving them luke warm then there could well be a health issue.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Here in the NS, I can only dream of a lukewarm pie and non-scalded mouth
channel 9 fire GIF by Family Food Fight

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Of course they do, those pies are all precooked. I think Piglet's products are excellent quality.
I'm not sure that's the case. I was corresponding with the owner of Piglets last season when I felt the quality had deteriorated quite badly - in particular the pastry seemed undercooked. Part of her reply to me said, "Good morning, sorry it was not as good as you hoped. The pies are still made the same way and we still use the same tins as we always have. There has been some cooking issues on site". So she mentioned 'cooking' on site as opposed to re-heating.

I used to have a pie every game - but hardly have them at all now!

EDIT: Just found another reply she sent me ...

"Hello, thanks for your update. It's very useful. This is part of a longer ongoing investigation of ours. Rest assured we are in discussions with our chefs and the AMEX to try and make sure this is rectified. Can I ask which kiosk/stand you purchase your pies from?"

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm not sure that's the case. I was corresponding with the owner of Piglets last season when I felt the quality had deteriorated quite badly - in particular the pastry seemed undercooked. Part of her reply to me said, "Good morning, sorry it was not as good as you hoped. The pies are still made the same way and we still use the same tins as we always have. There has been some cooking issues on site". So she mentioned 'cooking' on site as opposed to re-heating.

I used to have a pie every game - but hardly have them at all now!

EDIT: Just found another reply she sent me ...

"Hello, thanks for your update. It's very useful. This is part of a longer ongoing investigation of ours. Rest assured we are in discussions with our chefs and the AMEX to try and make sure this is rectified. Can I ask which kiosk/stand you purchase your pies from?"
I take it it was Jo you were corresponding with? Interesting that it seems that the pie quality could differ dependant on the kiosk you buy them from. Certainly every pie thatl have purched over the years, and there have been a lot!, all from the West Lower, have been excellent, and the quality has been constant.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Kin ell. I go to the Amex to watch Football, not to stuff my face.

What's next? Going to a restaurant and moaning about no sport on?

Eat earlier!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I take it it was Jo you were corresponding with? Interesting that it seems that the pie quality could differ dependant on the kiosk you buy them from. Certainly every pie thatl have purched over the years, and there have been a lot!, all from the West Lower, have been excellent, and the quality has been constant.
Yes, it was Jo.

As you say, the quality has always been consistently good. But last season I had one which was just shocking (I almost always have the chicken/gammon/leek and very occasionally chicken balti) ... which I thought might be a one off ... but after another few not great ones I fed it back to Piglets. I sent a DM with honest feedback as opposed to having a whinge on SM. I tried again start of this season and the chicken balti pie had almost raw pastry. I sent a photo of the pie - which was collapsing when trying to eat it. Both times she mentioned they were having problems and then asked where I got mine from (West Upper).

They very kindly sent me a box of 6 chicken/gammon/leek ones which I cooked in our air fryer and were lovely. Maybe I should buy more for home - cook one before I go, wrap it in foil and take it with me :D

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Eat earlier!
This is actually more like going to a restaurant and moaning about no food. A lot of fans don't have time to eat between work and an evening match and look forward to an award winning Piglets Pie to fill the gap.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I wish the club had sweet potatoe chips and spicy wedges on sale. Veggie sausages with these would be good too. The food choice is very limited. Its all well saying eat earlier but some fans travel a distance eating earlier isnt always an option.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023

Eat earlier!
In that case please stay out of the queues and make it easier for the rest of us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, it was Jo.

As you say, the quality has always been consistently good. But last season I had one which was just shocking (I almost always have the chicken/gammon/leek and very occasionally chicken balti) ... which I thought might be a one off ... but after another few not great ones I fed it back to Piglets. I sent a DM with honest feedback as opposed to having a whinge on SM. I tried again start of this season and the chicken balti pie had almost raw pastry. I sent a photo of the pie - which was collapsing when trying to eat it. Both times she mentioned they were having problems and then asked where I got mine from (West Upper).

They very kindly sent me a box of 6 chicken/gammon/leek ones which I cooked in our air fryer and were lovely. Maybe I should buy more for home - cook one before I go, wrap it in foil and take it with me :D
I like Jo, although l've never met her, (wasn't she a Gully's Girl back in the day? or have l got that hopelessly wrong?), either way her story is quite an inspiring one, starting off baking a few pies in her kitchen in Shoreham to see to friends, and now not too many years late not only selling them via her website, but also supplying them enmasse to several football clubs and concert venues.

I don't think she employs too many people, so still something of a cottage industry, but still a local success story l'd say.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
#Bozza
Stupid idea here but how about we go behind the scene. Ask Sudexo if we can join them for a few days to see all the organization and how it all runs. Perhaps we may get a better idea of how it all works.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I like Jo, although l've never met her, (wasn't she a Gully's Girl back in the day? or have l got that hopelessly wrong?), either way her story is quite an inspiring one, starting off baking a few pies in her kitchen in Shoreham to see to friends, and now not too many years late not only selling them via her website, but also supplying them enmasse to several football clubs and concert venues.

I don't think she employs too many people, so still something of a cottage industry, but still a local success story l'd say.
Yes, definitely ... and I'm sure they'll sort the issues out. Now ... do I have one today :unsure:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think the service in 1901 has been very poor so far this season. . . North and West lower are better in my experience. There was nothing to eat at half time on Thu.

The traffic was awful getting in and we missed the first 5 minutes ( took an hour and a half from Shoreham ) so no chance to get anything beforehand.

midweek evening games are always going to be bad as everyones rushing, post work, at the same time. You'd have thought someone at the club would have worked some of this out. By now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here