vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rudderless. Worse period than the 90s.

Genuinely think those 90s teams would beat this shower of shit. No excuses now, never been so much money in the game through the ECB and the central contracts. Heads should roll.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One thing seems certain, we're going to see the end of Root as captain. He's a terrible skipper and should have got the boot some time ago. I'd have given it to Broad but I'm not sure that's an option any more - he at least wouldn't have over-bowled our fast bowlers. Look at the good job that Cummins is doing with the Aussies; handles the attack well, plays to win (Root would never have declared leaving Pakistan chasing 350) and has almost made the team into a likeable side, even Warner's playing with a smile on his face. England, in contrast, look spent.

The question is: are they going to replace Root from within - which presumably means Stokes - or from outside? And, if the latter, is Haines in with a shout? If the selecters are going for someone new then he or Will Rhodes look like decent candidates. I can't see them taking such a radical move but maybe that's what the team needs. What a mess.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Yes, with neon bats that light up and a new team called the East Midlands Eaglehawkers and a bonus Nissan Qashqai for the first bowler to exceed 112mph three balls in a row and an exciting midseason auction where teams can completely change all their players and in the knockout repercharge if you’re losing you can trade 3 wickets for 45 runs with your HowZat! joker card and…
I like that.

Bring it on.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
One thing seems certain, we're going to see the end of Root as captain. He's a terrible skipper and should have got the boot some time ago. I'd have given it to Broad but I'm not sure that's an option any more - he at least wouldn't have over-bowled our fast bowlers. Look at the good job that Cummins is doing with the Aussies; handles the attack well, plays to win (Root would never have declared leaving Pakistan chasing 350) and has almost made the team into a likeable side, even Warner's playing with a smile on his face. England, in contrast, look spent.

The question is: are they going to replace Root from within - which presumably means Stokes - or from outside? And, if the latter, is Haines in with a shout? If the selecters are going for someone new then he or Will Rhodes look like decent candidates. I can't see them taking such a radical move but maybe that's what the team needs. What a mess.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...hird-class-captain?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I thought after the Ashes they should have given it to Anderson or Broad as a short term solution and allow them to think properly about how to proceed. I agree with this article though not the last two paragraphs, can't believe bringing in Morgan is still being suggested

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Yes, with neon bats that light up and a new team called the East Midlands Eaglehawkers and a bonus Nissan Qashqai for the first bowler to exceed 112mph three balls in a row and an exciting midseason auction where teams can completely change all their players and in the knockout repercharge if you’re losing you can trade 3 wickets for 45 runs with your HowZat! joker card and…

Agree with all of this but surely the current 100 format is too long and will bore fans, lets go for a 50 Ball game instead?

Oh and make 20/20 what it always should have been, 20 balls per innings...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...hird-class-captain?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I thought after the Ashes they should have given it to Anderson or Broad as a short term solution and allow them to think properly about how to proceed. I agree with this article though not the last two paragraphs, can't believe bringing in Morgan is still being suggested

Anyone who suggests Morgan clearly knows nothing about cricket. He hasn't played any red ball cricket for the past three seasons, hasn't played a test for 10 years and has got a dodgy back. His test match average is 30, which doesn't suggest someone who's a shoo-in for a place.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Crushed

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s important at this time to remember the small victories. Like next time England play it won’t be on BT Sport and ****ing Talkshite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here