West Ham vs Man UTD

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 2, 2009
Brighton
There has been a bit of confusion over Edwin van der Sar's record. The run by Chris Woods at Rangers - 1,196 minutes during the 1986-87 season - included all competitions and Van der Sar did actually concede during the Fifa Club World Cup. So as things stood at half-time, by our reckoning Van der Sar had gone 1,167 minutes without conceding in the league, but in all competitions he is "only" 855 minutes without being beaten.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I really hate vidic. I mean, I hate Man Utd, and therefore hate their players by default, and for the last few years, Ronaldo, Rooney and Neville received extra hate for their hype/arrogance/faces, but this year, vidic has come to the fore as the man utd player who gets more hate than the club itself, which is some achievement...

Feb 2, 2009
Brighton
I really hate vidic. I mean, I hate Man Utd, and therefore hate their players by default, and for the last few years, Ronaldo, Rooney and Neville received extra hate for their hype/arrogance/faces, but this year, vidic has come to the fore as the man utd player who gets more hate than the club itself, which is some achievement...

I totally agree with you

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton

I was irate when Vidic didn't get booked after hauling down Cole. Then he did :jester: but still refs give everything to Manure :censored:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Crap game really.

Ryan Giggs though - scored in every Premiership season since it begun in 1992. Outstanding achievement.

:clap:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Something to do with exploiting the market and buying some of the best players money can buy.

I think that is a little harsh. To keep 13 premiership clean sheets in a row is a lot more than just money.
Most of that was done with Jonny Evans and O'Shea who came through the United youth team anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think that is a little harsh. To keep 13 premiership clean sheets in a row is a lot more than just money.
Most of that was done with Jonny Evans and O'Shea who came through the United youth team anyway.

But they trawl the world and pay whatever it takes to obtain the best youth players though. In some respects this is no different to buying regular players.

Jimmy Grimble

Least not forget they were one of the main instigators of the Premier League which enabled them to buy large parts of their success and pave the way for the ultra competitive league the Premiership now is :clap:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
West Ham played some great stuff today, with Parker, Cole, Behrami and Ilunga particularly impressive. Utd weren't great, but it was a good goal by Giggs. Vidic did nothing to justify his 'player of the month' award, absolute crap! However, United defended well on the whole, Ronaldo looked good and once again, they just edged it. Against anyone else WHU would have won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports