Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I parked in bow and walked past 3 decent pubs on way to the ground. All a 15 min walk to the ground (well would have been if i hadnt taken a wrong turn and ended up going via old ford lock and the old big breakfast house next to what smelt like a sewage filled river lea)
Excellent. I'll take any excuse to watch this again. :lolol:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Souless football ground but one of the best drinking away games there is. Hackney Wick has a great selection of beer, in a pretty nice setting too, by the canal.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The fact that Moyes was so pleased to get a point with all the players he had missing. I mean 30% possession at home and no inclination to attack Wet Sham fans must love it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The outside food outlets are ok ish but VERY expensive. There isn’t a single decent pub in cycling distance. And it’s not a football ground. The most soulless experience of my life and I’ve been to Grantham.
As with @Gwylan, there are loads of excellent drinking establishments (this is a hip area, so hesitate to refer to them as pubs) within walking distance. I know of three: Howling Hops, Beer Merchants Tap and Crate.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As with @Gwylan, there are loads of excellent drinking establishments (this is a hip area, so hesitate to refer to them as pubs) within walking distance. I know of three: Howling Hops, Beer Merchants Tap and Crate.
While I'm not against a craft tap, a warehouse with pizza and IPA isn't what I'd call a PUB and they are becoming ubiquitous in certain areas.

Pubs to me are large, comfortable, with a range of seating arrangements, a good range of drinks including decent spirits, good value food and a bit of history.

The very best example I can think of from my away travels is the Ship and Mitre in Liverpool.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
While I'm not against a craft tap, a warehouse with pizza and IPA isn't what I'd call a PUB and they are becoming ubiquitous in certain areas.

Pubs to me are large, comfortable, with a range of seating arrangements, a good range of drinks including decent spirits, good value food and a bit of history.

The very best example I can think of from my away travels is the Ship and Mitre in Liverpool.
Barbara Windsor shouting "get ahht of my craft tap warehouse with IPA and Pizza" just wouldn't have had the same ring to it would it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I thought the opposite re pubs. I was in a couple about 15 minutes walk away that were pretty decent ( and there were a couple more that looked OK too). I thought it was one of the better away grounds in that respect.

I agree about the food though; who on earth pays those sorts of prices?
Hackney Wick, which is about 10-15 mins walk, has loads of great bars, including Howling Hops, Crate, and Beer Merchants Tap. It's also easier to walk to the stadium from there than Stratford.

Unfortunately, post-match they block that way out of the stadium for away fans and herd everyone towards Stratford - although did manage to find one after the game at Westfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here