Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I take it all back...we are magnificent.

Should have had @ll 3 but hey

I am still 100% convinced trossard is now our weakest link.

The lion of Judah in for trossard and we are champions league bound.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Get on the phone to Celtic and get big Shane back. Forget some of the poor performances up there, it's a shitshow at the moment and not down to him.

Don't need to start him every week but get him on to defend leads. We did it last year. Don't know why we felt we had outgrown the need for someone like that on the bench.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Duffy doesn't want to sit on the bench. Which is fair enough.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Disappointing not to win after having looked the better team for most of the game. More poor defending and set pieces our downfall again. However, we would have taken a point before the game and, all in all, I see it as a good away point gained.

Glad I'm not the only one. Yes - disappointing that we conceded two goals the way we did, but a point away at a team with their best ever start (or something) has to be a bit more satisfying than for many on here. I suppose it's because it's on the back of two actually disappointing results. Taken in isolation - it's a good point.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Wow, that is some of the fastest back-peddalling I've ever seen. Or has being called out made you realise something?

Not at all Potter will take us down and should be sacked simple. The truth is he is already getting stick on here by many and rightly so

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Shadow of the player he was, sadly

And no part of you thinks Potter takes some responsibilty? Playing 3 at the back. Chopping and changing. Playing zonal marking. Clearly not coaching set pieces properly.

And worst of all, today we play ****ing 4 at the back. Might has well have kept Duffy. Because we certainly wouldn't be doing worse if we had and he and Dunk were our CBs.

boik

Funny how we seem to be playing so many teams when they're "under par". We seem very reluctant to give our own team much credit.

So that's Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham and more all being under par when we've played them? Wonder what the common factor might be?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Zonal marking was directly responsible for their second goal. Two defenders got in each others' way and blocked Dunk's view - no opponent was involved until the ball rebounded in off Soucek. With man marking you have ONE man free to attack the ball on the near post and he heads it away.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Funny how we seem to be playing so many teams when they're "under par". We seem very reluctant to give our own team much credit.

So that's Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham and more all being under par when we've played them? Wonder what the common factor might be?

Yes - when commentators say this, we criticise them and point out that maybe it's because we played well. But if NSC says it...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
what-are-we-learning-2-e1459416577991.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here