Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So he apparently isn't responsible for our strikers not being able to finish and isn't responsible for our defenders defending poorly. What exactly is he responsible for?

Really? He is stuck with no PL quality players at the back and up front. Have a go at the man who controls the player purchases. There is absolutely no way Potter is responsible for our players being not good enough

Potter is a manager playing with one, maybe two hands tied behind his back. He is not even vaguely responsible for us throwing games away.

The tactics were spot on, the players are not good enough

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Get on the phone to Celtic and get big Shane back. Forget some of the poor performances up there, it's a shitshow at the moment and not down to him.

Don't need to start him every week but get him on to defend leads. We did it last year. Don't know why we felt we had outgrown the need for someone like that on the bench.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I’m not completely opposed to this.

For whatever reason we’re making costly mistakes every game at the back.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
A tad annoying that it was only a draw, but it's a point more than our rivals got. Maybe my new mug wasn't fully charged....I'll ensure it's well used before arsenal

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Dreadful performance against a WHU that didn't turn up. This is very worrying now that we can't put away teams that haven't been up for the games, exactly the same against Fulham. We are so shti

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Fair point really but why doesn't Potter like strikers? He should have gambled and put on Swiss Andy for 10 minutes. Its almost as if he is scared to win games.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Some of our passing was bizarrely astray, for a Premier side, Welbeck doesn't have the balls of Murray to get in there, very disappointing

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Disappointed but Fulham lost at West Ham. Oh well, on to Arsenal - knowing that we've already beaten them at home this year. Now do it again!

(Cheesy joke) Hope the players didn't get dogs for Christmas.........

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As poor as maupay has been today, I cannot understand why he's taken off a striker when we're supposedly chasing 3 points

No striker on pitch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both strikers off now... Potter really going for the win.

No strikers on the pitch

Clearly evident and a sensible move.

West Ham had taken control of the midfield. He decided to flood that area of the park.

It worked, although it made the ending more tepid.

That's why he is manager and we are not.

D

Deleted member 2719

You can’t blame Potter for individual mistakes surely.
Very true, good defending throughout a part from the goals, they were poor.
Lots of positive elsewhere.
On we go.
Up the Albion.

The bedwetters will always moisten their sheets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here