Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
expecting a sub or two soon from the sourpuss. His plan to really harass the right side of our defence with 82 year old Mark Noble doesn't seem to be working.
They seem bobbins, but a chance or 3 will come about in the second half, and a second goal and collective strength against these bland bohemoths may just see us through.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Wet sham have been pants, which is good. We have done enough with what they've allowed us, if you get what I mean. Mr Neville is right though, we're a bit nice....let's kick 'em in the goolys and test fabianski more

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
WOOP. 3 points please. No way West Ham could be equally shit in the second half though, gotta keep it up.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Good half. Wish we were more aggressive in the box - couple of great crosses to attack but we wait for them. And Trossard, so frustrating - loads of talent, but far too much jogging going on. Still, they’re the negatives. Lots of positives. With an extra 5-10% we’d be great - maybe that just comes from confidence.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
running the midfield ... Webster regularly and Burn occasionally making runs from deep. March best player on the pitch (again).

Hopefully we don't have a second half like the West Brom game.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Was a nice assist from Rice there. Just what we needed. Please can we see the real Maupay and can we stand firm second half.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
West Ham fan comment on bbc:

Maybe “struggling Brighton” are playing well? Nah, couldn’t be that could it.

Truthfully we’ve not been vintage. But we finally get the goal we deserve when on top. Solly, Webster and Burn have had a great half. Chuffed for Maupay. Hopefully he can kick on now.

What does how we're playing have to do with how horrendously defensive West Ham have set up?

Can't blame West Ham fans for being annoyed with the team Moyes has picked, they're in the top half, we're massively out of form and they've played a back 5 with 2 holding midfielders! If we were in their position I'd be f*cking livid with our manager.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
expecting a sub or two soon from the sourpuss. His plan to really harass the right side of our defence with 82 year old Mark Noble doesn't seem to be working.
They seem bobbins, but a chance or 3 will come about in the second half, and a second goal and collective strength against these bland bohemoths may just see us through.

The sound of reason- some people are getting far to giddy on here. Few subs and it will be like the Alamo second half. We are only playing well against West Ham’s B team

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Maupy seems so much better when he shoots on sight.

March has been outstanding by the way.

As has Webster.

One dodgy pass in the first quarter which gave away possession from Webster but other than that playing well. Pushing forward quite a lot more today too.
Also, DBD much better, seems to be playing more like winger today and (BIG TOUCH WOOD) not made a single bad pass yet..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wet sham have been pants, which is good. We have done enough with what they've allowed us, if you get what I mean. Mr Neville is right though, we're a bit nice....let's kick 'em in the goolys and test fabianski more

It's hard to imagine them being equally pants, for this 45 mins.

It's easy to imagine us playing the ball around our own final third, before booting the ball into Flappyhandski's welcoming gloves.

:down:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Total control.
West Ham utter dross.
I wish we played a bit higher paced. Yes our finishing is poor, but I really think our main problem is the pace we play at.
We could be out of sight in this game, delighted to be up, but I hope we push on in the second half because West Ham can't be any worse.

This, been saying we are far to slow most of the time for ages...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Very pleased for Maupay. Clearly been lacking confidence.
Very slow build up at times but West ham have played so defensively to be fair. Let's see how we cope now as West ham have to change their game and have firepower on the bench

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here