[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Good post, and fair enough [emoji106]

Cheers mate and a happy new year to you and your family. :thumbsup:

If Tony Bloom keeps Graham Potter then that's the decision. I respect that. "Fans" wishing us to lose for more abuse to Potter is sinking so low.

Hopefully a good result on Tuesday against Arsenal, knowing we can do it with this squad of players as we proved in June. :)

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
So. Its 2 wins this season, 1 at home all year and the same failures in defence and attack each week.
The responsibility for that falls on the manager. I like our football but unless Potter as the man in charge can find the balance needed to win games and sort out the poor defending we are in trouble.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I take it all back...we are magnificent.

Should have had @ll 3 but hey

I am still 100% convinced trossard is now our weakest link.

The lion of Judah in for trossard and we are champions league bound.

Give over, he was one of our best players last season. You don't just become shitehouse overnight, Potter has squeezed the life out of him much like the rest of the squad.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Bissouma is so so good. He controlled that midfield today. He must have dispossessed West Ham five or six times. Rice couldn’t get a kick. He is brilliant.

White had a shocker for both goals.

Burn was good.

Lopsided without lamptey. White is a fine centre back but absolutely not a wing back.

Thought March played well. Disappointed with Wellbeck, Trossard and Alzate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Oh for Duffy's bloody head for their 2nd. 100% away up to the half way line whatever category the marking is meant to be.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Plenty on here will. Poor header by Dunk, White doesn't track or block the runner. That's not Potter's fault that's the players..

Players him and his coaching staff train or try too
How many from set pieces now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So. Its 2 wins this season, 1 at home all year and the same failures in defence and attack each week.
The responsibility for that falls on the manager. I like our football but unless Potter as the man in charge can find the balance needed to win games and sort out the poor defending we are in trouble.
You’re going to be in big trouble.
Vagabond in 3,2,1...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Very odd he got mom from Neville. He was lazy. Twice second half simple ball into channel and over hit. In fact after one of them we didn’t touch the ball again before they scored.
You would hope he would get confidence and enthusiasm after scoring. Zeqiri should have been a straight swap.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Really? He is stuck with no PL quality players at the back and up front. Have a go at the man who controls the player purchases. There is absolutely no way Potter is responsible for our players being not good enough

Potter is a manager playing with one, maybe two hands tied behind his back. He is not even vaguely responsible for us throwing games away.

The tactics were spot on, the players are not good enough

Potter is being let down big time by player errors. I almost wish a genuine PL quality team come in for him. He is the best manager we have ever had imo, but the players can’t do what he wants them to do.

Spot on.

The Albion’s model is NOT with a dominant club manager (Wenger, Mourinho, Taggart, Allardyce) spelling out their transfer demands.

GP’s given us a great template to win in most games, today we bossed most of the game, we were creative ..... yet strikers fluffing their lines (other than Maupay once) and incompetent defending cost us two points. Sky’s analysis just them of Dunk’s blunder for Soucek’s header was damning.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Well said.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Plenty on here will. Poor header by Dunk, White doesn't track or block the runner. That's not Potter's fault that's the players..

I’m very much Team Potter but can’t agree with that. The way we set-up for corners is a joke. All the ball winners strung up along the edge of the 6 yard box to make a standing jump as opposition players get an unhindered 10 yard run-up.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Lose hope? Bloody hell. It's not even half way through the season and we're not in the relegation zone. Haven't lost to a team outside the top 7 (when we played them).

I really hope the players don't read some of this lily-livered stuff.

Yes thank you I need to grow a back bone come on Brighton :albion2:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I’m very much Team Potter but can’t agree with that. The way we set-up for corners is a joke. All the ball winners strung up along the edge of the 6 yard box to make a standing jump as opposition players get an unhindered 10 yard run-up.

It's the unhindered run bit here that the problem he runs past White er unhindered when White should have er hindered him.. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports