Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham …. trophy winners

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He owns it though.
Kind of. But we benefit from only paying £1.3M a year for both the stadium and training ground. So as good as West Ham’s deal is, ours is better - and we benefit way more

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It is quite weird how this competition has been embraced as important when people took the piss out of the higher ranked Europa League for years - even though a succession of English clubs were unable to win it. I’m pleased as these tournaments were always taken seriously in many other countries - a bit of English arrogance to the sniffiness - but it’s still strange.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I listened to him a few times on 606 when he first started and he kept shutting down discussions/arguments he was losing by playing the you’ve-never-played-the game card. I guess he’s improved?

I remembered you saying that all those years ago. Savage calmed down.

Sutton plays the “But did you play the game?” card too to disagreeing callers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remembered you saying that all those years ago. Savage calmed down.

Sutton plays the “But did you play the game?” card too to disagreeing callers.
Good to hear!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Teams from the same association are kept apart until the QFs.
I’d prefer to meet them in the final. As much as I like a trip to Liverpool two routine wins in the knockout stage won’t be as exciting as Dublin.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Christ could you imagine how outnumbered we'd be in Dublin of all places against Liverpool? Might as well just play it at Anfield 🤣

I'd take it obviously, but there'd be a part of me that would be disappointed to reach a European final and it be against an English team!
:facepalm:

They’re Scouse not English!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kind of. But we benefit from only paying £1.3M a year for both the stadium and training ground. So as good as West Ham’s deal is, ours is better - and we benefit way more
Hard one to agree with. Tony pays from one company he owns to another, that has the square root of f all to do with the deal West Ham have that you and me are paying for. They should be paying a fair rent including a full repairing lease and also have to pay the normal match day expenses, they don't.

A unique advantage they alone have and that is unfair on the rest of the whole domestic professional teams.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well done to West Ham. A long European campaign. But worth it. Worth it because you get the honour of being in the same European League as Brighton and Hove Albion next year.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I like him on 606, but his commentary was awful. He struggled to string words together.
Him and Sutton have a jovial relationship, but it's always struck me that there is an air of genuine bitterness from Savage with regards to how much decent work Sutton gets relative to him.

And it's obvious why. Sutton is generally good. Savage is generally shit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Only cynics and downbeats think of it as 3rd division. It’s a trophy to win, a European one. Fantastic achievement. Well done West Ham!
Absolutely - look at how the largely hardened and cynical seen-it-all Moyes reacted to the win. Look how West Ham fans reacted to the win. For everyone involved with the club, tonight is a great achievement.

I can't be arsed to look it up now, but I think there's an escape route from the Europa League into the Europa Conference isn't there? I'd not be sniffy at all if, a year from now, we find ourselves where West Ham are tonight.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Him and Sutton have a jovial relationship, but it's always struck me that there is an air of genuine bitterness from Savage with regards to how much decent work Sutton gets relative to him.

And it's obvious why. Sutton is generally good. Savage is generally shit.

:lolol:

I always turn over to Talksport at the two frivolous bits …. Doc Savage and the 6 callers who have 5 seconds to state their case for a later call. Yawn. Just get on with angry calls from Tottenham fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here