Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham to reduce adult season ticket price to £289

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
1. Reduce ticket prices, under 21's especially.

2. Introduce a 'quality not quantity' ethos to first team signings- one decent, young player, or older player who is 100% proven and not past their prime will deliver more than three past-it and/or mediocre ones. Yes they cost money but it would be money well spent, rather than throwing good money after bad on player after player who simply is not good enough.

2. Stop getting in loan players unless it's one or two rock solid players who will form a key part of the first eleven. Too many loan players will not help the team develop and build towards the next level.

3. Push players up from the youth system to make up the first team squad- they can play a part and you won't be wasting money on high wage players who don't play regularly.

4. Get a decent manager in for the long term.

Not too much to ask surely?!

1. They have as others have said. And frozen the prices of tickets and extended the travel zone. For a club losing 10m a year, that's pretty good I would say.

2. I don't agree. Getting in 1 or 2 marquee signings of the type you mean are usually expensive, not only in terms of fees but also wages. Which potentially screws the clubs wage structure, which is not a good long term idea. Plus you are then reliant upon 1 or 2 key players who will get injured (as ours always do) and then we are back to square one. Look how poor we were when Leo was still here but injured? Leo is the quality of player we need but at the right price - we have to get smarter and luckier with our signings this summer.

2.5 Season long loans are fine. Short term ones not so. Ideally I agree with you, but we often have to cover injuries in key positions which means having a larger permanent squad. A balance between the two is fine, but having 6 at once is bonkers, I agree.

3. Yup and I am sure we will start doing that soon.

4. I am pretty sure that we have one. Fingers crossed.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
There's a guy at Liverpool Uni who is some sort of expert on Sports Finance and he reckons that the new TV deal would in theory let Prem Clubs ALL reduce prices by about 20%. However, he's also sure that this won't happen, and that players' wages will rise again instead. I'm afraid we fans are going to be the last consideration when it comes to deciding where the priorities of the Game lie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here