Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham to move for Chris Hughton?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The CH brand of football doesn't have many fans and hence no one wants it at their club.
He will always be a legend for his services to the club but all things come to an end.
Potter will too at some stage, but not for a while I hope.

Didn’t you enjoy the CH brand of football in our Championship 2.5 seasons?

I thought it was beautiful stuff, on a par with Mullery’s 76 to 79.

Countless wins and goals, amazing victories against all odds, destroying teams gathered at much greater cost. So many happy moments.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Countless wins and goals, amazing victories against all odds, destroying teams gathered at much greater cost. So many happy moments.

I agree, those two last seasons in the Championship, where we missed out by the skin of our teeth, then swept away all before us, (except Newcastle), to romp into the Premier League was an amazing time to be watching the Albion. As you say we played some beautiful attacking football, scored lots of goals, and no one could live with us.

Let's face it, having got us promoted he didn't do that badly did he? The style of fottball may have become saftery first, but he did at least keep us up!, and that allegedly was the one and only thing Tony Bloom asked of him.for the first season or two.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree, those two last seasons in the Championship, where we missed out by the skin of our teeth, then swept away all before us, (except Newcastle), to romp into the Premier League was an amazing time to be watching the Albion. As you say we played some beautiful attacking football, scored lots of goals, and no one could live with us.

Let's face it, having got us promoted he didn't do that badly did he? The style of fottball may have become saftery first, but he did at least keep us up!, and that allegedly was the one and only thing Tony Bloom asked of him.for the first season or two.

100% agree with that.

I did agree with TB’s decision. But then CH didn’t have the benefit of Mooy’s brilliance, or us finally finding a PL quality striker with pace and an engine in Maupay.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
100% agree with that.

I did agree with TB’s decision. But then CH didn’t have the benefit of Mooy’s brilliance, or us finally finding a PL quality striker with pace and an engine in Maupay.

But if we still had CH we wouldn't have Trossard.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But if we still had CH we wouldn't have Trossard.

I’m just saying that Mooy and Maupay were the types of players we’ve needed for some time, of a certain quality. They would greatly enhance any Albion PL first 11, under any manager. Special players.

I genuinely don’t know the circumstances of the Trossard signing. What happened?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m just saying that Mooy and Maupay were the types of players we’ve needed for some time, of a certain quality. They would greatly enhance any Albion PL first 11, under any manager. Special players.

I genuinely don’t know the circumstances of the Trossard signing. What happened?

We did try to sign Maupay when we got promoted, but he went to Brentford instead. And also tried to sign Mooy who chose Huddersfield

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
My recollection is that Oscar Garcia play off squad had been broken up - sales, retirements, contracts not renewed.

The quality in that squad, was on a much higher plane than the Hyppia squad.

TB had attempted to rein in expenditure, but went too far, possibly regretting it at the time. Plus Burke made some rubbish signings.

I stand to be corrected on this.

Winstanley and Hughton made a fresh start, expertly.

Yes we lost Ulloa, Orlandi, Spanish Dave, Will Buckley and Matthew Upson from the Garcia squad that made the play offs, Tomasz Kuszczak also left in the November, all of those players made significant contributions over their time with the Albion.

Our summer signings under Hyypia were Nzuzi Toko, Aaron Hughes, Chris O'Grady, David Stockdale, Danny Holla, Pat McCourt, Adrian Colunga and Sam Baldock. Only two of those players were involved in our promotion.

Wasn’t Maupay first time around because their awkward owner has no time for TB?

We tried to sign Maupay when we were first promoted to the Premier League but he chose Brentford over us, that is what [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] is referring to.

Whatever the previous relationship between Tony Bloom and Matthew Benham it didn't affect the deal going through this summer. I suspect them both being professionals and the massive profit Brentford were making on Maupay meant their personal relationship was never going stand in the way of the deal being done.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Why does any manager get canned?

This year why did - Flores, Silva, Emery, Ponchettino or Garcia - or the dozen managers that have been sacked in the Championship so far this season?

It happens - and Hughton was one of the longest serving managers in all four divisions while he was at Brighton.

Bloody hell - and I get accused of trolling :rolleyes:

ffs....... still not answered the question

Yet he has been linked with practically every managerial vacancy in the top two divisions over the past two months.

:facepalm:

linked.......smirk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
My recollection is that Oscar Garcia play off squad had been broken up - sales, retirements, contracts not renewed.

The quality in that squad, was on a much higher plane than the Hyppia squad.

TB had attempted to rein in expenditure, but went too far, possibly regretting it at the time. Plus Burke made some rubbish signings.

I stand to be corrected on this.

Winstanley and Hughton made a fresh start, expertly.

i stand corrected, who singed/left between OG and hoops

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

that's cos you keep repeating the same tedious incorrect bs,

stop trying to tell us what to think, our opinions are ours,

you are achieving the exact opposite of your intended effect.

mr hughton is obviously an extremely honourable and decent man,

what would he make of your rediculous behaviour?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton was a great manager for us, but last season it all went wrong. It happens. There is always a time to go, and Hughton reached his.

The xg in the first half of last season suggested a problem, which arrived with a vengeance in the second half year. It was dire. Sackable.

But he is still one of our top managers out of them all.

Enough said. No need to churn it over again and again.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Having a different opinion is not an issue - and if that is all it was then i wouldn't be commenting at all -

But I will politely decline your advice - I think it would be better served being directed at those on this board who feel the need to act in a disrespectful fashion towards someone who has earned the respect of the fan base of the club.

blimey... missed this bullshit, noone has dissed chris.

we, the supporters, did contribute towards the MILLIONS CH was paid by BHAFC,

and given your hatred of the moneymen moving into football and that utimately CH was a failure, do you think that chris should donate that money to a charity of your choice?

maybe the communist workers party?

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hughton was a great manager for us, but last season it all went wrong. It happens. There is always a time to go, and Hughton reached his.

The xg in the first half of last season suggested a problem, which arrived with a vengeance in the second half year. It was dire. Sackable.

Agree on all but one point.

We are approaching a new decade. Time for everyone to move on. Happy new year everyone. Not everything is good or bad. Let's just respect we all have different opinions and expectations and see where the next decade takes all of us. Happy 2020 to all

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
mr hughton is obviously an extremely honourable and decent man,
Glad you recognise it - and maybe you can bring yourself to acknowledging his achievements while Brighton manager - and we can all look forward to the new decade enjoying the football

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Glad you recognise it - and maybe you can bring yourself to acknowledging his achievements while Brighton manager - and we can all look forward to the new decade enjoying the football

and you can recognize his three time prem failures

but why?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Yes I did, but not the dross being dished out last season. It couldn't be allowed to continue.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Why does any manager get canned?

This year why did - Flores, Silva, Emery, Ponchettino or Garcia - or the dozen managers that have been sacked in the Championship so far this season?

It happens - and Hughton was one of the longest serving managers in all four divisions while he was at Brighton.

Yet he has been linked with practically every managerial vacancy in the top two divisions over the past two months.

:facepalm:

Hasn't had any offers yet though eh.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Which is exactly what you are doing in this thread and what many of us do ad nauseum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here