Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham to bid for Zamora?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Now that West Ham have netted £6M from the sale of Glen Johnson, what are the chances of the Hammers putting in a bid for Zamora? He has made no secret of the fact that he would love to play for them. It's going to be an interesting few weeks. £3M would do nicely thankyou.

:drink: :drink:

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Hasn't his agent said Bobby is not interested in moving to a division 1 club. Prem or division 2 was the jist of it.
My point probably is not valid cos if West Ham put in a decent offer we are always going to accept and Bobby will not turn down the club he supported as a boy. :(

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
They may not have to spend much by premiership standards and
although Bobby said he'd only leave for a top flight club he may
view West Ham as a premiership-club-in-waiting and the attraction of being a major factor in their promotion would surely hold some appeal for him. If he did go to West Ham, I , for one, wouldn't turn round and say to him "you said you wouldn't go to a first division club" and hold it against him. I'd say "thanks for what you've done, best of luck for the future"....

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
brighton rock said:
Harry Kewell cost liverpool £5 mill then zammo's going for £1.5 mill tops:eek:

Quite possible, but it all depends on the individual club. Matt Holland went for £750k because Ipswich were desperate. But then we bought Scott Murray from Bristol City the other day for £650k, who about 2 years ago was valued at around £2m (when figures of £5m were being bandied around for Zamora).

Bristol City wanted more because Murray was the backbone of their team, and he was worth far more to the club financially than just his individual value. Zamora is the same, as he's worth about £1.5m on his own, but to Brighton perhaps around £3m... hence no-one can agree on a fee.

It all comes down to how much he wants to move away to a higher division. If he's happy to stay, then £3m will end up being the price tag for a fair while as it'd make sense to keep a superb player who is willing to stay! If he really wants to move to a higher division then the price will drop, otherwise Brighton would refuse a £2m bid (for example) and he'd get pissed off that it isn't being accepted.

I reckon he'll probably stay, but after around 15 games into the season people will start bidding again, a bit like Ormerod at Blackpool.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think they could bid.
1.5 million would be more than enuff to secure his signature.
Bob would go, its not a Prem side, but they will be the following season I would have thought.
And its his boy hood side....bound to go if they bid.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't see them bidding they are up shit creek financially - look at the Sunderland thread.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
I was listening to TalkSport the other day and there was an e mail message for someone who said they was a good friend of Zamora's and he hates it at Brighton and just cant wait to get away and join west ham.

I think West Ham would be a better bet for him than scummy spurs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
brighton rock said:
Harry Kewell cost liverpool £5 mill then zammo's going for £1.5 mill tops:eek:

I disagree, it's simple economics. We have no need to sell whereas Leeds have to bite the hands off any club that offers decent money for its players because the bank manager says so.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
WATFORD O said:
I was listening to TalkSport the other day and there was an e mail message for someone who said they was a good friend of Zamora's and he hates it at Brighton and just cant wait to get away and join west ham.

I think West Ham would be a better bet for him than scummy spurs.

Erm righto. So that's why he signed a 4 year contract and was literally clamering to get out of the club when both Wigan and Cardiff offered £1.5 for him 2 years ago.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
WATFORD O said:
Zamora's worth, in the current market, under a mil.

Twatty, stop being a twat all your life... even you know that's bollocks. A price around £2m would be a bit fairer, although to really benefit from selling Zamora we'd have to sell him for at least £3m. With the 30% going to Bristol Rovers.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Fact is 5p would buy the entire Orient squad. We could then put them to work cleaning the Withdean tolets as their experience with excrament would come in very handy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
bhaexpress said:
Fact is 5p would buy the entire Orient squad. We could then put them to work cleaning the Withdean tolets as their experience with excrament would come in very handy.

Only if you believe twatty's comment about current market conditions; otherwise, to be fair I think you'd need to fork out nearer 20p.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
West Ham need to raise some more cash yet. I believe they only actually get £3m up front for Johnson (the rest comes in installments), and the banks are demanding they raise £10m cash this summer.

I think West Ham is his most likely move, but they gotta sell Kanoute, James, Sinclair and possibly Cole before there is the money in the kitty.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Gritt23 said:
West Ham need to raise some more cash yet. I believe they only actually get £3m up front for Johnson (the rest comes in installments), and the banks are demanding they raise £10m cash this summer.

I think West Ham is his most likely move, but they gotta sell Kanoute, James, Sinclair and possibly Cole before there is the money in the kitty.

totally agree

following the johson dept, if they sell 2 or 3 players esp cole, sinclair and essentially kanoute then i think bob to west ham will be pretty much a done deal.

but would bobby wanna play with defoe following his u21 experiences??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here