Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West ham on tele?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Just had a thought, for fans that haven't been succesful with tickets, how about if the club could sort out a live screening of the game. I know they done this with the leeds game a few seasons ago at the greyhound stadium. It would depend on west ham themselves if they could do it and were willing to, but i can't see there being to much of a problem.
Im sure each fan wouldn't mind paying a fiver and the money would go to the club after costs were covered.

Thoughts?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kenhead said:
Just had a thought, for fans that haven't been succesful with tickets, how about if the club could sort out a live screening of the game. I know they done this with the leeds game a few seasons ago at the greyhound stadium. It would depend on west ham themselves if they could do it and were willing to, but i can't see there being to much of a problem.
Im sure each fan wouldn't mind paying a fiver and the money would go to the club after costs were covered.

Thoughts?

No TV football is very boring - I want to go:down:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Away End would be better.
I did it last time and had a fantastic afternoon

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:
Away End would be better.
I did it last time and had a fantastic afternoon

I would be very annoyed if their fans were in our home end so will not go in their end.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Beach Hut said:
I would be very annoyed if their fans were in our home end so will not go in their end.

What? Why?

If they aren't going to sell out, surely a seat is better taken, even if you sit in virtual silence watching a game of football!
Also, you will be giving money to OUR football club!:)

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Of course it would be better being there, but for people to see the game surley its better than missing out all together. The room would be full of albion fans aswell and the club could make money.

Trying to find a decent soloution to a bad problem

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:
What? Why?

If they aren't going to sell out, surely a seat is better taken, even if you sit in virtual silence watching a game of football!
Also, you will be giving money to OUR football club!:)

Because it actually will break a ground rule - you can be ejected for being in the wrong part of the ground.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Beach Hut said:
Because it actually will break a ground rule - you can be ejected for being in the wrong part of the ground.

And who's going to know?!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:
And who's going to know?!

Every fan around me as I refuse to shut up and watch a game in silence

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Beach Hut said:
Every fan around me as I refuse to shut up and watch a game in silence

so you have three options:

1) See the game in silence in the away end
2) Don't see the game and live with it.
3) Don't see the game and moan about not having a ticket in every thread in attempt to somehow get a ticket.

I really think 1) and 2) are the only options you should consider.:)

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Withdean Wanderer said:

3) Don't see the game and moan about not having a ticket in every thread in attempt to somehow get a ticket.

option 4 sit in the away end and make some f***ing noise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:

Sorry but I disagree.

Why should I be forced to watch the game in silence ?

3 out of 4 people in my house are STH and the 4th (Mrs) is having a 10 match ST and will have a full one next year.

BHAFC will request £1,200 of me in a few months - I should be treated better

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
We implement a simular scheme when we get small allocations (depite yours being HUGE) and distribute the game back to Upton Park on the big screen. An obvious fault though, is perhaps that the Withdean does not have a mega-TV.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Beach Hut said:
Sorry but I disagree.

Why should I be forced to watch the game in silence ?

Because UNFORTUNATELY, you (and a fair few others) were unable to get a ticket for the away end. You seem a nice bloke, so you never know, something might come up through a mate or something. But moaning about it won't change anything.

Either sit in silence, or don't go at all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:
Either sit in silence, or don't go at all.

Sorry but why should I just suffer in silence when in 3 months time BHAFC will request £1,200 of me to renew seasons ?

Do you understand what a customer is ?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Beach Hut said:
Sorry but why should I just suffer in silence when in 3 months time BHAFC will request £1,200 of me to renew seasons ?

Do you understand what a customer is ?

Because making empty threats to North Stand Chat isn't going to make the blindest bit of difference. You can't blackmail the club into giving you a ticket.

A customer is someone who purchases a product.
Priority for a West Ham ticket isn't the product you've purchased.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:
Because making empty threats to North Stand Chat isn't going to make the blindest bit of difference. You can't blackmail the club into giving you a ticket.

A customer is someone who purchases a product.
Priority for a West Ham ticket isn't the product you've purchased.

No you miss the point - priority to BHAFC is those that renew and keep the club financially afloat.

There would be no club if we did not do this - read the other threads or details.

The club would go bust if everyone did not renew season tickets

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here