Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham - London Stadium

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It just doesn't seem or look right.
At some camera angles it looked like they had reduced the size of the pitch, which West Ham like to do, but at another angle it looked maximum size.
PS Brady is MD did she not know about the missing seats.
PPS Reduced capacity due to certificate yesterday hoping to get 60k soon (really)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On the one hand, you can see that it is a dreadful stadium for viewing football, but on the other (business) hand they have got a potential 70,000 stadium for next to nothing with lower running costs than our own. You can see why the owners moved there for these reasons, but blimey I would HATE to watch football there every week.

How much do they charge away fans for that view? Is it the £20?

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
It just doesn't seem or look right.
At some camera angles it looked like they had reduced the size of the pitch, which West Ham like to do, but at another angle it looked maximum size.
PS Brady is MD did she not know about the missing seats.
PPS Reduced capacity due to certificate yesterday hoping to get 60k soon (really)

The pitch looked absolutely massive in the ground, so much space.

I'll find out about the missing seats today.

With the persistent standing it's unlikely (but possible) that they'll be granted the 60k. It's only standing that is stopping them getting permission for full capacity.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
You'd think they'd have made the green trim around the pitch a colour that's at least close to grass. Either don't have it green, or get it as close to the pitch colour as possible. Looks rather weird.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That lower section looks almost flat. I imagine the view is like this:

Crowd-of-People-looking-Back-of-Heads-HDR-Bunch-Of-Heads-In-A-Crowd-Heads-Shoulders.jpg

theboybilly

That is one shit stadium from a spectator point of view. Would be very unhappy having that as a permanent home.Give me the old Upton park anyday

I agree but there can't be many stadiums in the country that are easier get to which is a big plus for many. This and Premier League football will attract so many that would normally not attend and rather watch any football at home on Sky. West Ham have won the Lottery in my opinion

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The stadium was the one real black hole left over from the 2012 London Olympics. The other venues have all been reused or demolished if they weren't needed again. The velodrome is used by amateur and professional cyclists (though Kenny, Trott, etc train in Manchester), the Copper Box is multi-use, and the Aquatic Centre is a swimming pool available to local residents at no more than normal prices.

I know some people argued that we should have used Wembley. There is a case for saying that it and the local area was just as deprived, but firstly it was rebuilt as a football stadium, without as far as I know the ability to remove the lower tier, at a time when it wasn't certain we would make a bid, and you could imagine football fans moaning if it had an athletics track. Secondly, we won the bid over Paris on the basis of legacy and regeneration for the East End and bidding for future events, such as the World Athletics Championships, which will be in London next year. The original plan was to scale the stadium down to 25,000 seats, but it would then have been a complete white elephant, as it wouldn't have been large enough for Diamond League events. It's not ideal, but at least it's being used.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here