Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham linked with Dunk....

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
With Dunk I fully expect him to be here come.February. Looking ahead to the Summer if we miss out then he could well be off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I guess we're both being subjective in our opinions. I do think Dunk is a better CB than Greer and I think he has more long term potential for us than Greer, both in terms of age and footballing ability. Although I would, and have countless times, argued that Greer has made as many mistakes as Dunk this season. No he hasn't let the ball run under his feet like Dunk, which was idiotic on Dunk's part against Ipswich, but Greer has made a lot of fundamental errors that have cost us points this season - at least he's made as many as Dunk has. Unfortunately because Greer is who he is, supporters are willing to overlook his flaws in much the way they do with Calde, even when it is costing the team.

Let me just be clear though, I'm not advocating selling Greer either as that would also weaken us despite him suffering a loss of form prior to injury and making mistakes in much the same way Dunk has.

I guess the point is Rea and Dallison are unknown quantities, as are Uwe and Goldson at the moment really. So selling Dunk wouldn't leave us in a better position at this moment in time, as we have no guarantee that the CBs that come in would be of the same quality.

I simply don't agree at all [emoji3]

Greer until the Ipswich and QPR games seemed to receive more flack than any other player.

As per other threads although Calderon is not a LB, he has filled in admirably, and I would be interested in hearing of the errors that have cost goals.

As per my original post I would cash in on Dunk.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
With Dunk I fully expect him to be here come.February. Looking ahead to the Summer if we miss out then he could well be off.

I agree with 50% of what you say. I think he will almost certainly be at the club come february. The next part is where we disagree. I think he will be gone if we do go up. I would actually be looking for better Centre Backs if we stepped up to the Premiership.

I don't think that Dunk would be cut as much slack by the fans if he hadn't come through the ranks. If we had paid money for him and he had made as many mistakes he would be slaughtered by all fans and not just some of them.

Some time hard graft blood and guts Centre Backs can get away with not being great footballers, even in the Premiership. I am thinking of the likes of Wes Morgan and Curtis Davis when he played there for Hull but when you go under the guise of a £5million centre half then you need to show it or fans are not long in letting you know.

Dunk is a very good player don't get me wrong but a £5million player he is most certainly NOT

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Greer until the Ipswich and QPR games seemed to receive more flack than any other player.

As per other threads although Calderon is not a LB, he has filled in admirably, and I would be interested in hearing of the errors that have cost goals.

Your point on Calderon is a very good one. He has filled in really well ; however the cost has been that Murphy has been less potent going forward. He is covering back a lot to help Calderon out. On top of that Calderon does not really get ahead of murphy to give him the option of the pass forward or carry it himself. That leaves Jamie very predictable and defences snub him out more easily. When he has Rosenior giving him options it worried defences more.

Caldron has done everything asked of him and I like him a lot but he is not an option if you want to push for Promotion

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Would be interesting to see the average ratings of all players on the match ratings threads throughout the season so far. I think Acker keeps these?

I think Dunk would be quite low on the list.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

You're welcome to your opinion - we all have them. Although it's strange that you point to the flak Greer has received as I seem to see nothing but praise for him on these boards, even when his displays cost us points, which is in stark contrast to the flak Dunk seems to receive when does such awful things as fart the wrong way, let alone make a mistake.

I've listed the recent goals that Greer has cost us elsewhere on this thread, as well as others.

As for Calde - he's tried very hard and that in itself is admirable considering he's so patently out of his depth out there. Watch him closely - his positioning his all over the place throughout most games in that position, and the negative impact on Murphy has been massive - the left hand side has been massively subdued as an attacking outlet since he moved out to left back.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree. I guess that's what these forums are about.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You're welcome to your opinion - we all have them. Although it's strange that you point to the flak Greer has received as I seem to see nothing but praise for him on these boards, even when his displays cost us points, which is in stark contrast to the flak Dunk seems to receive when does such awful things as fart the wrong way, let alone make a mistake.

I've listed the recent goals that Greer has cost us elsewhere on this thread, as well as others.

As for Calde - he's tried very hard and that in itself is admirable considering he's so patently out of his depth out there. Watch him closely - his positioning his all over the place throughout most games in that position, and the negative impact on Murphy has been massive - the left hand side has been massively subdued as an attacking outlet since he moved out to left back.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree. I guess that's what these forums are about.

[emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here