Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham game on telly......

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It means more money for our club, so a good thing IMHO...

If this is the prevailing attitude then we are f*cked. We may as well crack open the prawn sandwiches, perhaps we could play a friggin league game once a year in Bangkok or something!? It would be money for the club. Bullsh*t that's what it is. Our league season could be undermined by this, we have an important game tonight only 2 days after a massive cup tie.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just out of interest, does anybody know what amount the club gets for playing host to a televised match? I haven't a scooby.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hilarious how many on these boards slate the Premiership because of it's corporate greed etc etc and yet are delighted that yet another of our fixtures is moved for Sky. That will mean we have no 3pm KO from 27 Aug through to Nov 6th.

This is what Sky do to football, it doesn't matter whether you've planned something because the fixture list said it was a Saturday, or your kids can't go because it's a school night, they just f*ck actual fans over.

I couldn't a sh*t a few of you are happy because you can suddenly go because you couldn't before, we may as well sell the f*ck out now and be done with it. Anyone commenting on this thread happy with this, then giving it the big anti-premiership on another is a complete hypocrite.

I can still go on the Monday, but it is really p*ssing me off already that Sky can do this with less than 4 weeks notice. Arseholes.

Whilst I have benefited from this particular game being moved, I completely agree with you. I (usually) hate games being moved about just to satisfy tv demands. I'm sure I read somewhere that Man Utd (I think) had only 4 home 3pm Saturday games the whole of last season. It's just wrong IMO :nono:

seafordsam

Sep 23, 2011
I'm getting a bit peed off about this....the second classic game I have to miss to satisfy bloody Sky TV. I bought my season ticket to see Albion play now I have lots of new friends as I have to give my seat away yet again.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
What pisses me off is my wife (STH) finishes work at 4 pm and living in Swindon there is no way we will get there together, I work in London so getting down is OK but one seat will go wasted again

Take your bird instead :thumbsup:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Our league season could be undermined by this, we have an important game tonight only 2 days after a massive cup tie.

The Leeds game was already on the Friday because of the uni not Sky. Sky just took it as a live game because it was on Friday

Do what I am doing.....cancel SKY and hit em where it hurts most...in their very deep pockets.

Thats the problem, deep pockets mean if every Brighton fan cancelled they would hardly even notice. And remember back to the ITV digital farce? When they went under a lot of smaller clubs who were banking on that cash found things very difficult.

The question should be does Sky need football more than football needs Sky? At the moment with the current wages and costs I would say they both need each other equally. How much extra are we guaranteed from Sky for being in the championship? Didnt Dick Knight once say it was about 3 million? Or another way of putting it, the sky money paid for CMS

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
There are benefits to some fans for sure, but messing around with dates is a right pain for some. Without a ticket exchange this makes season tickets v expensive for people who dont live nearby.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
My opinion is that once again (like the Hull game) this has been decided too late.

People have already made plans, which will cost money to change.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
As another thread says ..... football should be on Saturdays at 3pm.

This is pathetic. I don't want to go to a game on Monday night. I want to go on Saturday afternoon.

This didn't happen in League One .... wish we were back there ...

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
shit, shit, shit,shit shit.
Went to football on wednesday, my wedding anniversary,now going to football on 24th october, my wifes birthday.................can anybody put a roof over my head? :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here