Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham away ticket question

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
My step-dad's a season ticket holder, I'm not. He's an OAP, I'm not. Can I get in to Upton Park using his allocated ticket without being stopped by some officious idiot saying I haven't followed the correct procedure? Or should I explain the circumstances to the club when I buy the ticket and do things strictly by the book? Can I even use my relative's (OAP) season ticket to get a non-OAP away ticket or is that banned by order of the bureaucracy?
I mailed the club about the procedure for me to use his ticket at the Amex earlier in the season. They chose not to reply.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
ok thanks, I see OAPs are half price (I'm not paying £45 to see WHU v Brighton), so I may just get the OAP one and look like an old codger on the day to get in. Is that a viable strategy or do people on the gate check for cheapskates doing this? I've been in the Amex twice on his card without anyone saying anything and I used to get into the gallowgate end at St James' Park as an under-16 whilst at uni up there (they had a separate entrance for kids and everyone, up to 40, used to go in there with the adult gate entrances nearly empty).

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
ok thanks, I see OAPs are half price (I'm not paying £45 to see WHU v Brighton), so I may just get the OAP one and look like an old codger on the day to get in. Is that a viable strategy or do people on the gate check for cheapskates doing this? I've been in the Amex twice on his card without anyone saying anything and I used to get into the gallowgate end at St James' Park as an under-16 whilst at uni up there (they had a separate entrance for kids and everyone, up to 40, used to go in there with the adult gate entrances nearly empty).

Normally I wouldn't condone such behaviour. If West Ham really are charging Albion Fans £45, that is criminal in itself, therefore I wouldn't lose any sleep about fleecing WHU for twenty odd quid. Add in the factor they're owned by Sullivan & Gold, it would actually give me perverse pleasure.

Down the years I've blagged into a few grounds by various means. :whistle: When times are hard, you do what your have to........punk:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
for £45 they can f*** offski

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Think i posted on another thread that they are charging Reading £35 for an adult - so that would probably be how much we get charged.

Still over the odds for this Division. Due to their large Fan Base & limited capacity, they know they can get away with fleecing fans as there will always be demand.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
seems to be about this

Away Fans:
Centenary Stand (Lower Tier):
Adults £45-£35, Senior Citizens £22.50-£17.50, Under 16's £25.50-£17

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
seems to be about this

Away Fans:

Compare that to what Forest are charging us this weekend, how they can charge what they are ive no idea, some Premier League clubs dont even charge £45 -

Prices
Adult £26
Over-65s £18
Under-18s £14
Under-12s £7

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
seems to be about this

Away Fans:

That's a f'ing joke if so. Certainly won't be heading to Upton Park (Boleyn) whatever the proper name is. I'll do Forest away instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here