Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham advise children not to attend Millwall game

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
No wonder this f***ing coutry's going down the shitter with posts like that,. Give me a f***ing break.

If I was a 14 year West Ham fan I'd have taken them to court if I wanted to go to the game. Would you just say "ah stuff it, I'll stay home and play Nintendo instead" like some plastic?

As it happens, it seems they changed it this morning and are now just forcing children to buy adult tickets. (See above post.) Which suggests the original no unaccompanied children rule WAS illegal.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
If I was a 14 year West Ham fan I'd have taken them to court if I wanted to go to the game. Would you just say "ah stuff it, I'll stay home and play Nintendo instead" like some plastic?

As it happens, it seems they changed it this morning and are now just forcing children to buy adult tickets. (See above post.) Which suggests the original no unaccompanied children rule WAS illegal.

No its not, West Ham are selling there tickets they can sell them to who ever they like, they can set the rules. Wouldnt have a leg to stand on in court flmao

I thought that Age Discrimination law in England was basically restricted to issues of employment, rather than the provision of services. In this respect, it's different from Race Discrimination, Disability Discrimination, etc. But I may be wrong.

Some of the provisions of the Equality Act 2010 that relate to Age Discrimination only come into effect in 2012. But, in general terms, the Act doesn't and won't provide protection against Age Discrimination for anyone under the age of eighteen.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So let me get this right. A club run by a pair of dildo salesmen is now banning kids from their new toy?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
No its not, West Ham are selling there tickets they can sell them to who ever they like, they can set the rules. Wouldnt have a leg to stand on in court flmao

The fact they've actually changed the rules this morning and are now allowing unaccompanied children (as long as they pay for an adult ticket) suggests I'm right and you're wrong? Why would they have changed it if the previous rule wasn't actionable in court? Or at the very least, getting them bad PR.

As it happens, you may be right as Wikipedia suggests the relevant laws have yet to be introduced in the UK, but they have been in most of the EU so if, say, Paris St-Germain tried what West Ham were trying their arses would be sued off:

"In the UK, laws against ageism are relatively new. Age discrimination laws were brought into force in October 2006,[45] and can now be found in the Equality Act 2010. This implements the Equal Treatment Framework Directive 2000/78/EC and protects employees against direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation. There is also provision in the Equality Act 2010 to prohibit age discrimination in the provision of goods and services, though this has not yet been implemented by the current UK Coalition Government."

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I thought that Age Discrimination law in England was basically restricted to issues of employment, rather than the provision of services. In this respect, it's different from Race Discrimination, Disability Discrimination, etc. But I may be wrong.

You're right. *points up* The rest of Europe has introduced it in provision of services, but Diddy Dave is just pretending that bit of the directive doesn't exist.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
The fact they've actually changed the rules this morning and are now allowing unaccompanied children (as long as they pay for an adult ticket) suggests I'm right and you're wrong? Why would they have changed it if the previous rule wasn't actionable in court? Or at the very least, getting them bad PR.

As it happens, you may be right as Wikipedia suggests the relevant laws have yet to be introduced in the UK, but they have been in most of the EU so if, say, Paris St-Germain tried what West Ham were trying their arses would be sued off:

"In the UK, laws against ageism are relatively new. Age discrimination laws were brought into force in October 2006,[45] and can now be found in the Equality Act 2010. This implements the Equal Treatment Framework Directive 2000/78/EC and protects employees against direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation. There is also provision in the Equality Act 2010 to prohibit age discrimination in the provision of goods and services, though this has not yet been implemented by the current UK Coalition Government."

Were the f*** does it say if they pay for an adult ticket they can go, its sold out has been for 2 days you idiot why would they edit it now.

* Due to the nature of this fixture we do not advise young children to attend.

* Should any child tickets be purchased they must be accompanied with an adult.

Nothing on that site has changed ffs, get your facts right.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden

If you were a 14 year old, you would've taken them to court ??? jesus f***ing wept pal. I chuck anyone under 16 out of the council owned garden i look after in Brighton if they're f***ing about because i have a sign up saying "all children must be accompanied by an adult"....maybe i should be taken to court and sued.

As i said...no wonder this country's so f***ed with dicks like you

As I added to my earlier post ...

Some of the provisions of the Equality Act 2010 that relate to Age Discrimination only come into effect in 2012. But, in general terms, the Act doesn't and won't provide protection against Age Discrimination for anyone under the age of eighteen.

The Courts won't be interested.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Banning them from going Millwall away yes if they dont have a adult with them

Not any more as I read it. They were originally banning them, but now they're making them buy adult tickets instead. Which is still out of order, but nowhere near as bad.

Those child-haters on here who think banning them is acceptable, would you also be happy if say bus companies and train companies suddenly decided to ban unaccompanied children too, and every time your kid wanted to take a bus into town you'd have to go along with them? It's a ridiculous decision. Yes, it's going to be a hostile environment, but so's walking up London Road at night and kids aren't banned from doing that.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Not any more as I read it. They were originally banning them, but now they're making them buy adult tickets instead. Which is still out of order, but nowhere near as bad.

Those child-haters on here who think banning them is acceptable, would you also be happy if say bus companies and train companies suddenly decided to ban unaccompanied children too, and every time your kid wanted to take a bus into town you'd have to go along with them? It's a ridiculous decision. Yes, it's going to be a hostile environment, but so's walking up London Road at night and kids aren't banned from doing that.

It has not changed ffs read the page again ffs i copied and pasted it for you. But hey you carry on.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Were the f*** does it say if they pay for an adult ticket they can go, its sold out has been for 2 days you idiot why would they edit it now.

* Due to the nature of this fixture we do not advise young children to attend.

* Should any child tickets be purchased they must be accompanied with an adult.

Nothing on that site has changed ffs, get your facts right.

In the line that begins "Should". It's implicit. Read between the lines.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
If you were a 14 year old, you would've taken them to court ??? jesus f***ing wept pal. I chuck anyone under 16 out of the council owned garden i look after in Brighton if they're f***ing about because i have a sign up saying "all children must be accompanied by an adult"....maybe i should be taken to court and sued.

As i said...no wonder this country's so f***ed with dicks like you

Why do you hate children so much? Were you bullied at school?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Why do people think banning children is acceptable? Why aren't the kids of Newham torching the West Ham boardroom as we speak?

I started going to Charlton home and away when I was 14. My brother started going to Villa (home only) when he was 12. Neither of us was accompanied by an adult (our parents weren't interested in football) or indeed anyone else. I can tell you now that had either club told us we couldn't attend a particular game without an adult, we would have screamed blue murder, written to our MP, consulted lawyers, our face would be all over John Craven's Newsround, and the club would have so many petitions on its doorstep the cat wouldn't be able to get in through the catflap.

Yet the kids of today are so passive, so neutered and so meekly respectful of 'the authorities' they just happily sit back and let their rights be taken from them with barely a whimper. No wonder this country's going down the tubes. Wake up children of 2011 Britain, and grow some balls/vulvas. Ffs.

if a 13 year old boy turns up with an adult ticket i stick money on him not getting in.
I'd like to say that my money would be on "common sense" prevailing. But this could be difficult, given that both clubs seem to be preparing for this game with the belief that trouble is inevitable.

It's a shame that this approach is still being taken since, in my opinion, it makes it more likely that trouble will break out. Quite possibly, any trouble won't involve ticket holders at all. But I guess the problem won't be resolved until Clubs accept that they must be part of the solution and, maybe, this is part of an attempt by both Clubs to recognise this.

I think they are wrong, though. Discouraging kids from going won't achieve anything.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I dont see any other option the trouble in the carling cup game was young kids and the same is the same with the millwall lot, that said there are alot of the old idiots still there. I have no doubt there will be trouble, but surely if the clubs just accept it there as bad as the idiots.

I personally believe and i said this to my family that this should be played behind closed doors, or with just home fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here