Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Is it being broadcast anywhere?

On BeIN so should be a stream

bein.png

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
On another thread someone posted a list of TV stations around the world showing this match, purely as a reference as to where to fly this morning to watch the game.
Having just checked, there are lots and lots of countries showing the match. I've on a flight to Canada to watch it.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I can only get halfway through these interviews, the first one dithered a lot and sounded like she was chewing on cotton wool. 5mins is all I can do.
I expect a totally different team for both sides as WBA are also concentrating on their league position as well.
1 - 1 on 90 mins and a 1- 2 scoreline after extra time.

Who is this b*** asking ALL the stupid questions ?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Are we gonna play a B-Team?

I feel like the A-TEAM was building up a bit of a head of steam so I would tempted to UNLEASH them to SMASH a few more goals in today.

Either way I’m going for 1-3 - Albion through to the next round en route to Wemberley

#LOOSEAF #UTA

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Think GP will go for a very strong starting eleven, maybe something like this:

Sanchez

Lamptey, Webster, Duffy, Burn, March

Gross, Moder, Alzate

Maupay, Welbeck

And then if things go according to plan, use the five subs primarly bringing on the kiddos.

I think that’s going to be very close but I can see Lamptey being given the afternoon off.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Come off it mate, everyone knows we only get a maximum of 1 point from the Throstles. If it was a cup tie we might have a chance.

Good to see the use of what I grew up knowing to be their nickname. Don't know where Baggies came from but Throstles is better - and they even have one on their badge!

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Think GP will go for a very strong starting eleven, maybe something like this:

Sanchez

Lamptey, Webster, Duffy, Burn, March

Gross, Moder, Alzate

Maupay, Welbeck

And then if things go according to plan, use the five subs primarly bringing on the kiddos.

Pretty sure Potter has said he’ll rest Webster due to fatigue, can’t see Lamptey playing either…

I’d guess something like: Steele; Veltman, Duffy, Roberts; Alzate, Gross, Moder, Mwepu, March; Welbeck, Ferguson

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think that’s going to be very close but I can see Lamptey being given the afternoon off.

It is possible and if he had started against Everton I'd be 100% thinking he would rest today. As that wasnt the case I'm far less certain but it could turn out either way really.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Pretty sure Potter has said he’ll rest Webster due to fatigue, can’t see Lamptey playing either…

I’d guess something like: Steele; Veltman, Duffy, Roberts; Alzate, Gross, Moder, Mwepu, March; Welbeck, Ferguson

Ah, just saw that re: Webster. Maybe Roberts time then unless he is very close to going on a loan.

Will be very interesting to see the lineup.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Be very surprised if Sanchez, Webster (exhaustion quoted) or Lamptey are in the squad (giving rise no doubt to Arsenal fans claiming Lamptey’s about to sign for them). Also don’t imagine Maupay will start.
Assuming Richards won’t be there to cover as he’s due to sign a loan deal for Birmingham who are still in the cup.
Wednesday are out though so expect Roberts to get game time ahead of his move.

Steele
Veltman Duffy Roberts
Gross Leonard Moder Alzate March
Mwepu Welbeck

Jimmy Grimble

Really hope we go strong to maintain rhythm and momentum.

Be very surprised if Sanchez, Webster (exhaustion quoted) or Lamptey are in the squad (giving rise no doubt to Arsenal fans claiming Lamptey’s about to sign for them). Also don’t imagine Maupay will start.
Assuming Richards won’t be there to cover as he’s due to sign a loan deal for Birmingham who are still in the cup.
Wednesday are out though so expect Roberts to get game time ahead of his move.

Steele
Veltman Duffy Roberts
Gross Leonard Moder Alzate March
Mwepu Welbeck

Richards has already gone on loan.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

———————Steele———————

Veltman, Turns, Duffy, Burn, March