Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
At a wild guess the coaching team are judging him on 20-30 hours of training a week and don’t think he’s any better than what we’re going with (plus he’s been pretty poor when he’s played so far).

I acknowledge he may not be any better than what we are currently using, but he'd be different and he may not yet have caught the Cowsarsebanjo virus which appears to have infected most of the squad!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just seen the sky sports news lads watching it live and dunks interview [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Have to admit I am surprised Percy didn’t get a run out in the last 2 games.

Can only assume he hasn’t performed in training.

He should also be judging players on their performance in matches, where it matters most. What's the point of Maupay and Connolly doing well in training when they are p!ss poor every game and never look lke scoring. Continuing to pick the same underperforming players every game just sends a message that if you play poorly then that's ok, you're guaranteed to keep your place. There's no threat of losing your place, which breeds complacency.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Brighton's Lewis Dunk on the disallowed goal, speaking to Sky Sports: "It's embarrassing, it's a horrendous decision, I said to the ref can I take it, he blew his whistle and I took it. Just because there was so much pressure from the bench. Why doesn't he come and speak to the press like me? Never, they hide behind their bubble.

"I don't think he knew what he was doing. He gave the goal, why did he give it? I don't know why VAR was getting involved, he said 'goal'... you can look on the video if you want.

Had he lost control of the game? "Yeah he did. Fact."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unfortunately Potter seems to be just a yes man and probably doesn't need to put any pressure on the board as he is sitting on a fat 5 year contract. Can't see him be able to raise enough emotion to ask for anything!! He was meant to be this coaching genius who could make players better.................. i just see us going backwards.

If any manager put pressure on the board he wouldn’t last long in my opinion. Or are you suggesting a Redknapp style demands / transfer policy ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
And for a guy with a degree in emotional intelligence a complete inability to work with his forwards over a week to build confidence and improvement from stats like 1 goal in the last 65 attempts.

I don’t think confidence is the problem. It’s coolness when a chance comes and a cold certainty about what you’re going to do. Natural goal scorers like Murray, Lineker etc have that. Nobody in our present squad does.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Mate, you don’t even support us. Go to Liverpool, Forest or a Chris Hughton forum. Everyone knows you want nothing more than to say “told ya lads Hughton shouldn’t have been sacked”. It’s pretty transparent.

With due respect vagabond (actually not - given you are still spouting the usual shite) - I have repeatedly defended Potter on this forum and opposed calls to sack him when others on here were calling for his head.

And I will repeat that I am not in favour of sacking Potter now despite the fact I think the team is in crisis.

It would be a sad day if four years work trying to build the club in the PL were lost through relegation - and I do not want it to happen. Unfortunately it is a real possibility after this result. We have no way of knowing if Hughton would have kept the team in the PL if he had remained in charge - crystal balls do not exist - and that nonsense is long gone past its sell by date. If the club is relegated it would be a tragedy and the last thing I would be interested in is crowing about something that we do not know would or would not have happened.

Hopefully Potter figures this out in time - because he is not getting it done at the moment.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
Do we know what Mason asked VAR to check and consequently on what grounds did VAR disallow the goal

No point adding my views to the level of our performance, but I think we are entitled to an explanation from the authorities

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
He should also be judging players on their performance in matches, where it matters most. What's the point of Maupay and Connolly doing well in training when they are p!ss poor every game and never look lke scoring. Continuing to pick the same underperforming players every game just sends a message that if you play poorly then that's ok, you're guaranteed to keep your place. There's no threat of losing your place, which breeds complacency.

Spot on

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I agree with you.

Tbh I’m shocked Maupay hasn’t been dropped.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
From the BBC website sums up our managers lack of passion

VAR then intervened, prompting Mason to run over to the pitchside monitor to review a potential offside and also whether his second whistle had come before the ball had crossed the goalline.

The referee tried to communicate what was going on with the two managers. Sam Allardyce looked confused - the West Brom boss standing with his hands on his head in disbelief - while Brighton's Graham Potter responded with a blank expression.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
2 penalties and 2 glaring chances missed, plus a perfectly good goal being ruled out and people blame the manager. Un****ingbeliveable :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here