Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Irrespective of how we are performing on the pitch I don't think I've ever found watching them so painful. It's the hope that kills you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So depressing that in year 4 in the Premier League we are still reliant on three shittier teams

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Really!? No. We battered them. West Brom looked terrible. Especially in the second half. Could and should have been 4 or 5 one to us.

How often have we said that this season? But it never is 4 or 5 one to us, is it, because Trossard, Maupay and Connolly are pony; none of them are up to PL standard.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I really can't see how anyone thinks Potter is at fault for that.

He's stuck to a settled team (which many posters said was the most important gap, during our last bad run)
He's brought on attacking players and injected a bit more urgency in the second half.
Tactically, we were making clear cut chances against a team parking the bus,

The players need to take ownership of this one.
Welbeck and Gross in particular. No point having experience on the pitch, if they aren't going to use it.

Connolly's miss was horrendous, but no point piling onto him.

Really felt like a few players hid today. That isn't good to see.
As well as a striker, we should really look to get some stronger characters in over the summer. They're all just a bit nice and i see very little leadership and drive from individual players.
Missing Webster.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
I’m not sure on his selection today, why did Maupay start again after a run of pretty poor displays? What is the obsession bringing on Lallana who for me does nothing other than point at everyone else and take off Macallister who actually showed some fight.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Oh well, I've given up on this season, looks like most of the players have as well, perhaps we'll enjoy it in the championship, Norwich and Watford seem to be having fun, we'll still get clowns for officials but at least no VAR.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't leave until [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] deletes my account and posts. I have asked numerous times.

You can. Go to change my password, hit a load of random keys without looking, copy and paste it into password confirmation, hit enter, then press log out

Job done :thumbsup:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not long ago Bissouma McCalister Lalana were outstanding, Now contributing nothing Sure Lamptey will play next even on one leg

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm fed up with the pundits saying how well we play the game too, that we just can't score.

We never look like scoring! I don't find that exciting....... at all.

I hate to say it but you just know 'teams like Leeds' who are about to play another West Midlands team now WILL score.

We never look like scoring? We can’t hit a barn door but Connolly had one saved today and missed from 6 yards, Maupay had one saved as well just before half time, Dunk actually scored, Trossard had one blocked by a great tackle and we had 2 penalties. We repeatedly ‘look’ like scoring - more than most Albion teams I can ever remember - it’s just the final touch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here