Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
And England losing 10-3 to Wales is just the icing on the cake

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
No win in 5 matches now and some of the defeats have been the most agonising since the last season at the Goldstone 25 years ago.

In complete shock with those gilt-edged opportunities. Where do things go from here? :down:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you seriously think Potter will still be in charge if this team gets relegated?

Hope not, if he gets us relegated with this oh so brilliant team, the best we’ve ever had, he should be sacked.

BTW I’m Potter In.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Ironically had we lost to Spurs and Liverpool but beaten Palace and West Brom, people would be saying 'OK, mate'.

Instead some already have us struggling outside the top six in the Championship, unable to distinguish between a slippery slope and a final nail in a coffin.

Let's not forget: football is a Funny Old Game :shrug:

My thoughts exactly. Probably on the points total we should be.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
We’re now a thing.

Like Ajax or Brazil.

An entire way of playing football that commentators can refer to in order to describe other matches or sides.

6e106d199a7c6e425c50b222625146d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Welbeck now? How many of the players will you blame until you finally think the Manager may be at fault.

I really can't see how anyone thinks Potter is at fault for that.

He's stuck to a settled team (which many posters said was the most important gap, during our last bad run)
He's brought on attacking players and injected a bit more urgency in the second half.
Tactically, we were making clear cut chances against a team parking the bus,

The players need to take ownership of this one.
Welbeck and Gross in particular. No point having experience on the pitch, if they aren't going to use it.

Connolly's miss was horrendous, but no point piling onto him.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The only positive to that was that Moder looked decent when he came on. Too many that don't give a shit. Looks like Bissouma is going through the motions, Lallana certainly not leading by example. Trossard was very poor today. We look like a relegation team.
To miss two penalties and a couple of sitters is simply unacceptable.
Apparently the team were hurting after Palace and wanted to put it right. Well hit a f@cking penalty on target then.
We've won one home game all season and so I can't see a way out of this.
Let's not focus on the disallowed free kick, we had plenty of time to put this right, and the players didn't.
Simply not good enough. We are in a relegation battle and my money wouldn't be on us surviving it.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I'm fed up with the pundits saying how well we play the game too, that we just can't score.

We never look like scoring! I don't find that exciting....... at all.

I hate to say it but you just know 'teams like Leeds' who are about to play another West Midlands team now WILL score.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The worst thing that happened to us was Connolly scoring those two goals against Spurs. It gave the recruitment guys an easy opt out from finding that elusive striker

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
We’re now a thing.

Like Ajax or Brazil.

An entire way of playing football that commentators can refer to in order to describe other matches or sides.

6e106d199a7c6e425c50b222625146d1.jpg

We are now on the footballing world map. Brilliant.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Can’t blame Potter, Mason is a moron but have us 2 free shots at goal. This is on the players, nobody else.

Potter picked Maupay and Connolly. It is on Potter that he picks Maupay every week when he has scored 4 frm open play all season despite all the chances. He has tried to do nothing different up front. He is late changing the strike force by 3 months and was 2 months late changing the keeper as well. Those things are down to Potter. If he picks Maupay or Connolly to start next week, I'm then Potter out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here