Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
AFTER he kicked it but before it went in the net are you seriously defending this shit show?

No. I’m trying to explain why the goal was given.

I don’t agree with it. The ref stopped play before the ball went in the net (apparently) for no reason. I hope Mason is removed from EPL officiating for good.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
So now the commentator has said he blew the whistle to stop play as Johnstone was out of position?

Since when did we have to wait for the opposition to be ready for us to attack?

Awful

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Play to the whistle, right?

What's the point if they can blow it again couple seconds later.

The ref would rather deal with Potter's rage at half time, then Big Sam's.

Indeed very simple question to ask the ref at half time. Why have you blown the whistle a second time when you have clearly blown once already to signify that we can take the kick? The farce seems to be that ref could not recall that he had already blown.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
According to NBC, the official explanation is that the 'first whistle' was to stop play because the keeper was not set, and the second whistle was to allow the free kick to be taken.

The official explanation doesn't really clear it up, because the ball wasn't 'in play' when he blew the first whistle to stop play!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
4 added minutes for a 5 minute stoppage and a penalty? Another blinding decision by the officials.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The last 135 minutes of football have really highlighted everything that has been wrong about this season.
Not defending well against teams strengths (Palace- counter attacking, WBA - set pieces), being utterly wasteful and being awfully unlucky.
No one person is to blame and i can't wait until this bloody season is over.
At least the sun is out.

(Our CM looks tired today)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Let's not let a bad referee decision overshadow just how utterly pathetic we have been today. The forward players deserve to have their wages withheld. Formation and tactics so far a horror show for Potter. Mac Alister our biggest threat for games now in the middle stuck out wide and completely ineffective.

One manager has clearly got his players up for this far more than the other.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I would love to see our players wiat for a clear whistle before taking any free kick anywhere on the pitch.

Just to make sure it's ok ref you tosser.

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
Surprise surprise, only 4 mins of added time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here