Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wesley - 19yo right back from Flamengo

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Not another one, how many more not going to happen. Getting very boring now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Played just 20 games in their top league . Brazilian , 19 yrs old . His stats must be very good and he’s been identified at a super early stage . This is very database driven and sounds like a textbook Brighton signing . Investing in huge potential,
Moises only played 30-odd in our top league :shrug:

Dec 29, 2011
Was Carlos actually any good, or was it hype? All I remember of him is scoring an amazing free kick in a fairly insignificant game and then spending the rest of his career trying to recreate it, to the danger of the spectators in row z.
From his wiki:

"Widely considered one of the greatest full-backs in history, in 2004 he was named by Pelé in the FIFA 100 list of the world's greatest living players."

Yeah, he was alright.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Was Carlos actually any good, or was it hype? All I remember of him is scoring an amazing free kick in a fairly insignificant game and then spending the rest of his career trying to recreate it, to the danger of the spectators in row z.
He scored better free kicks than the one I presume you’re referring to against France in 98. That free kick was more of a recreation of those he was scoring in Brazil.

He also scored some not bad ones for some Spanish club, Real Madrid or something 😂

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
He scored better free kicks than the one I presume you’re referring to against France in 98. That free kick was more of a recreation of those he was scoring in Brazil.

He also scored some not bad ones for some Spanish club, Real Madrid or something 😂
It was not at the World Cup that World Cup winner, dual copa america winner, four times la liga winner and three times champions league winner scored that goal. It was at the tournoi in 97 I believe which was the year he won second best player in the world.

So on balance I would argue he just about pipped Kerry mayo.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
From his wiki:

"Widely considered one of the greatest full-backs in history, in 2004 he was named by Pelé in the FIFA 100 list of the world's greatest living players."

Yeah, he was alright.

To be fair, El-Hadji Diouf made that list of the 100 greatest living footballers so I’m not sure what Pele said holds too much weight.

Admittedly Diouf never won the World Cup or the Champions League. However Diouf did score 6 more goals for Doncaster than Carlos ever managed so it’s pretty close.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Re Carlos - alongside is compatriot Cafu two of the fittest and greatest fullbacks the world has ever seen… I remember watching Carlos and thinking how utterly relentless he was marauding up and down the flank… this up against world class players…

Pervis has a similar engine… an absolute monster, and obviously our best ever full/wingback… better even than Stuart Tuck.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Re Carlos - alongside is compatriot Cafu two of the fittest and greatest fullbacks the world has ever seen… I remember watching Carlos and thinking how utterly relentless he was marauding up and down the flank… this up against world class players…

Pervis has a similar engine… an absolute monster, and obviously our best ever full/wingback… better even than Stuart Tuck.
And Peter Smith?

Dec 29, 2011
To be fair, El-Hadji Diouf made that list of the 100 greatest living footballers so I’m not sure what Pele said holds too much weight.

Admittedly Diouf never won the World Cup or the Champions League. However Diouf did score 6 more goals for Doncaster than Carlos ever managed so it’s pretty close.
RC also came second in the 1996 FIFA player of the year, not sure Diouf ever made that 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here