Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were you there: Barnet defeat at Pissfield.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I can't say for sure, but I was at most of the games at Gillingaham with my bad fans mates that so offend Mr Hairy.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
I'm getting all dewy eye'd remembering the event. Parking at the back of the railway line, chips from the chip shop at the top of the road, and my favourite at Gillingham, the outdoor loos pissing against the brick wall! Loved it all.

All the way down from LOndon.

Every Saturday the trains would be ****ed, so bad that for two games Hartlepool and Doncaster, I luckily managed to miss the first halves.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I was there for my sins. Couldn`t remember the score for the life of me.
Though lets face it there weren`t many memorable games during those seasons.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
yep, me plus 2

"Brian Horton's (or was in Stevie Gritt's?) Blue and White Army" went on for about 20 mins without stopping when the goals went in.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I think I only missed one game at the Pissfield (the 4-4 draw on Boxing Day with Colchester) and that was cos no trains were running. I do remember wondering quite why i bothered though as I cannot seriously remember one game there that was pleasurable to watch. Anybody remember an evening game v Cambridge (memorable only for me for the fact that I got Nobby Horton's autograph) which I think was in the spring and I think we got hammered. Don't know why i remember it - most other games (except Donny) have been blotted out from my memory.

Last edited:

I was one of the 1,025 at that game, it was indeed a very low point.

0-3 at "home" to Barnet.......shudder............

It's an elite club with a maximum of 1025 who got to every game at Pissfilled. I've successfully erased most of those 2 seasons from my memory...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I wasnt there as I never did a Night game at that toilet but did quite a few Saturdays. The funny thing is I can hardly remember any of the actual matches there, it just seems a haze of shit football and lots of defeats. The only games pre Horton that really stand out are the Boxing day 4-4 draw and a defeat to Southend becaused Ive got a mate who supports them.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
someone else must remember the fire alarm, the odd sized St John's Ambulance stretcher carriers and Rod Thomas' save. Oh and Ian Culverhouse - class!

it just seems a haze of shit football and lots of defeats. The only games pre Horton that really stand out are the Boxing day 4-4 draw and a defeat to Southend becaused Ive got a mate who supports them.

Jeff Woods' Blue and White Army.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I remember it always rained !!!
And the fat St Johns bloke waddling on the pitch . . . and the old dear who was a steward where we used to sit.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I cannot recall why this game should be so memorable but as I went to every game at Pissfield I was there.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

it was memorable for the absolutely EPIC fireworks display that was taking place behind the terrace that was never used

and i seem to remember barnet having a particularly FLAIR kit

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. Anybody remember an evening game v Cambridge (memorable only for me for the fact that I got Nobby Horton's autograph) which I think was in the spring and I think we got hammered. Don't know why i remember it -

One game I do remember, Trevor Benjamin ran us ragged and scored as did Jamie Campbell I think. I often wondered, as I saw Campbell have another awful game for us, if Adams signed him on the back of that one game against us.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't we beat Rochdale or someone 4-3? I think that was one of the best games. Jeff Minton was brilliant - which probably gave him ideas above his station and convinced him he could also be a good player at a club that wasn't 2nd from bottom of the football league. Wrong.

Sir Sarcy

Hip-Hopopotamus
Jul 10, 2003
The Field
That was the only game i missed at Priestfield. Cant remember why but must have been better.

My personnal worst was losing 1-0 to Halifax after we spent the entire second half bombarding their goal but to no avail... Magical!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here