Were you more excited this time or last time?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Were you more excited the last time we got promoted to the First Division, as champions...or this time, as play off winners but set to play Leeds, Sunderland and West Ham?

Division One...Been there, done it and have the T-shirt! :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think we will be better this time round.

McGhee has been here before and should be better organised.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
more suprised this time! last time we were in the top 2 a lot of the season and looked like we could be going up where as this time it's a bit of a shock

so yes i think it is more exciting

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tough question.

Last time was brilliant because we had been champions the season before and to be champions again consequetively was a great achievement.
We could see it coming though.

This time we had a chance but only a slim one but we took it with both hands and snuck in there. Cardiff was a lot more exciting than Port Vale away/

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Definitely this time, I look at our opponents next season and think bring em on. Last time out I thought we had gone a long way and maybe had done it a bit quickly, it took us a third of the season to adjust to the division and another third to start playing like we belonged there, the last third was a desperate struggle against relegation. This time I think we will have a better idea what to expect, hopefully the manager and team will be better placed to help us stay for more than one season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Knowing what we know now, I'd say this time. We've got a proper manager who'll use the loan system and won't keep chucking on the youth team a year before they're ready and hoping something will turn up. No way will we be giving the rest of the Division a thirty point start this time around. Plus a YES Falmer decision will suddenly make it important to be positioned in Division One for the opening match at the Community stadium, so the inward-investment might just start being made available for both stadium and team building. Hoorah!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I think it was better last time; although I always imagined getting promoted "on the day" would be better - but I didn't think it was.

I think the first one will always be my favourite although I drunk more blue wickeds this time.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
this time

upton park , elland road ....*goes into dream land*

CANNOT WAIT...do we have to have summer?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
last time i looked forward to going forest and wednesday. this time i look forward to forest and leeds. if we had stayed in division 2 there would have been no hooters with county going down. now we have forest instead.:clap2:

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Hard question, think i was more excited last time since we had just won back to back promotions. Though this time I am looking forward to it more since not only are there some "big" clubs to play, i belive that we will be more prepared and able to avoid coming straight back down again.

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
deffinately this time the whole cardiff experience was well gd, last time was better in a way because we had the prospect of the big game we'd been waiting 13 years bha v palarse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports