Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

were you at the Gillette Cup Final in 1977(?)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sussex vs Somerset

ian Botham, Sir Vivien Richards, Joel garner?

We stuffed the west country carrot crunchers ( I played for Somerset Schoolboys Cricket team BTW:blush: )

I was sat on the pitch in front of the Lord taverners bar with my mate Lee maysey. Great day out !!!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Had a ticket. But it clashed with going to Athens on the Coach to meet up with a girl. I had an overnight stop where I was seduced by this older woman travelling back to meet her husband. A bit surreal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dick Knights Mum said:
Had a ticket. But it clashed with going to Athens on the Coach to meet up with a girl. I had an overnight stop where I was seduced by this older woman travelling back to meet her husband. A bit surreal.

An elaborate 'no'.

May I offer my belated congratulations.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dick Knights Mum said:
:bowdown: :bowdown: Pics? Phone numbers?

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Dick Knights Mum said:

And there I was getting excited about Beefy, Viv & Big Bird :down:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dick Knights Mum said:

What a lovely story.

Alas, I was unable to attend this final, as I wasn't born until 1980.

:wave:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
No, but curiously I was there the previous year to see Northants beat Lancs (never given a stuff about either team, but when your dad gets offered corporate freebies...).

Sadly I wasn't seduced by any older women on that occasion - they were all eyeing the big Willey on the pitch.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dick Knights Mum said:
I got the ticket from a girlfriend - whose father was a member. I ended up going out with her sister. Looking back I was on a roll that summer.
I make that:
1. Older woman en route to husband, like ships passing in the night
2. Athens girl
3. Sister
4. OTHER sister
5. Dad's member

You, madam, were a right little STRUMPET. :wave: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Sadly I didn't go, and wasnt seduced either, good in a way though, I was only 6

:lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so its just me then....and i am a Yorkshireman...supporting Sussex, when the rest of you couldn't be arsed, were getting seduced, or were not born.

This is a disgrace

I am going to write to Norman Baker

:down: :down: :down: :down:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Dave the Gaffer said:
so its just me then....and i am a Yorkshireman...supporting Sussex, when the rest of you couldn't be arsed, were getting seduced, or were not born.

This is a disgrace

I am going to write to Norman Baker

:down: :down: :down: :down:

Quite right. This clearly proves we have no need for Falmer as the only people who will ever turn up are one ageing northerner and a handful of unborn foetuses.

Happy birthday by the way. :drink:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
It was 1978 !!

Albion also won 4-1 at Millwall.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Dave the Gaffer said:
Sussex vs Somerset

We stuffed the west country carrot crunchers ( I played for Somerset Schoolboys Cricket team BTW:blush: )

Wern't you playing for Kemp Town in those days ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hadlee said:
It was 1978 !!

Albion also won 4-1 at Millwall.

that is why i put the (?) coulnt remember the exact year. Wheen you get old they all merge into one

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: were you at the Gillette Cup Final in 1977(?)

Hadlee said:
Wern't you playing for Kemp Town in those days ?

I was......

however I played for Somerset Schoolboys in 1972/3

do you remember me playing for kemp town? I had a few years there, moved to Brighton and Hove, then KT and then to Lewes St Michs. Who did you play for?

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Re: Re: Re: were you at the Gillette Cup Final in 1977(?)

Dave the Gaffer said:
I was......

however I played for Somerset Schoolboys in 1972/3

do you remember me playing for kemp town? I had a few years there, moved to Brighton and Hove, then KT and then to Lewes St Michs. Who did you play for?

Yes

Hove Lyndhurst, played against you many times over the years.

(When you bowled quickies you never got me out but the last time I played you I got done by those awful loopy dobby things you bowl now)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Re: were you at the Gillette Cup Final in 1977(?)

Hadlee said:
Yes

Hove Lyndhurst, played against you many times over the years.

(When you bowled quickies you never got me out but the last time I played you I got done by those awful loopy dobby things you bowl now)

I still bowl them now ( actually had a 7-34 against Battle this year:eek: :eek: ) 20 odd wicks this year 30 odd last!

I used to enjoy playing against Lyndhurst, although I cant remember getting many runs against you guys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here