Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Were we more niggly on Saturday?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Harry Kane arguably should have been sent off (not that it is ever going to happen). Sanchez jumping in the air and Kane very consciouly pulling his chest out so that Sanchez would lose his balance and land awkwardly. The marks of a sick man.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
There speaks someone who doesn't follow:-

Did Harry Kane Cheat Today?

On Twitter!

OK. I don't follow Twitter a lot. What about sportswriters, pundits and commentators? Are there any who call out or even notice Kane's constant cheating? All I see is praise for his skills and 'professionalism.'

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
OK. I don't follow Twitter a lot. What about sportswriters, pundits and commentators? Are there any who call out or even notice Kane's constant cheating? All I see is praise for his skills and 'professionalism.'

What irks me most is he is, on a good day, more than capable, so why does he feel the need to cheat ?

Most infuriating is the blanket protection. Must be an England captain/FA directive.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It was very simple and tactical.

GPott left Le petit shitehouse out, to make the rest of the team feel they had to make up for it :wink:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
There really has been some proper nonsense to come out of the Spurs game on Saturday, especially in one report where it was claimed we did an "Atletico Madrid" on Spurs. I mean come on, if you are going to write a match report, it might be handy if you actually attended and watched the game.

Whilst it was clear Sanchez took his time on a few occasions, but this is no different to any other away team and we have had it done to us on numerous occasions. However, for Spurs fans to have a dig is a bit rich considering the conduct of their team. They were the most cynical team I have seen this season, with foul, after foul, after foul and were continually trying to disrupt our play. You could be forgiven for believing that they still had Jose Mourinho in dug-out.

So this criticism is utter rubbish.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
There really has been some proper nonsense to come out of the Spurs game on Saturday, especially in one report where it was claimed we did an "Atletico Madrid" on Spurs. I mean come on, if you are going to write a match report, it might be handy if you actually attended and watched the game.

The Sun. It reads like the hot tears of a nine year old Tottenham fan. Absolute garbage. Spurs' own fan forum has a mix of some giving us credit and some moaning about us lying down too long or too much. Most seemed to think that Kulusevski got lucky to avoid a red and none were making claims as stupid as the Sun's reporter did.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
We have been tonight.

Not that it’s helped much!

There has clearly been made a conscious decision to stand up for ourselves more. Laporte was niggling at Veltman and Dunk was having none of it.

It’s good to see as it adds a bullishness to our game that was missing before.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We have been tonight.

Not that it’s helped much!

Although Shearer on MotD was saying that Moises should have fouled De Bruyne to stop his run that led to the first goal. Typical of us to get the one South American midfielder in the world who doesn't commit a cynical professional foul when its needed.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Although Shearer on MotD was saying that Moises should have fouled De Bruyne to stop his run that led to the first goal. Typical of us to get the one South American midfielder in the world who doesn't commit a cynical professional foul when its needed.

Yeah that comment by Shearer did make me laugh after the talk about our cynicism after the Spurs game.

Caicedo probably should have have fouled him but that will come with experience no doubt!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here