Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were they that good, or were we that bad ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We were bad. Sam if you saw that game thats how a number 9 should be AND KNOWS WHERE THE ****ING GOAL IS

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
We were that good. And after a nightmare start to the day forgetting to tap in at West Ealing for me I consumed many pints on your sea front at prices which make West London look reasonable and got a free ride home due to barriers being open at Victoria. I love Brighton away, I hope we're back next season.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
They were tactically better than us. Hogan was their lone striker/most advanced player and in the first half he played all the time wide left. Which meant he regularly got in behind our attacking right back (Bruno) when they broke.

That's how the first goal came, and he could have a second in the first half but for a Stockdale save.

So bad as we were, you also have to give Dean Smith tactical credit.

Absolutely this. Brentford exploited the space in behind Bruno pretty much on every counter attack. It was so obvious I would question why Hughton didn't spot it and resolve the problem. Really Norwood should cover this space when Bruno goes forward but it didn't work which is why Duffy got exposed and had a 'difficult'' game.

We were tactically shitehouse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chris Hughton's tactics and inability on the day to change them did for us. The Brentford manager had our game plan sussed and exploited Bruno's runs upfield and outnumbered us in midfield where they completely bossed us. Brentford were much better than us, hard to say if they are a very good side as they played a side that could hardly string a pass together on the day.

Very surprised that CH didn't think he needed to change anything much earlier than he did, just taking Hemed, who was completely ineffective, off and stiffening up the midfield with Stephens and leaving Norwood on would at least have stemmed the midfield being overrun. Hemed and Murray are too similar, everyone else can see it, why can't Hughton?

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
We were poor! Ref was poor! Brentford were average! The boys need to pull their fingers out on Tuesday otherwise it's another home defeat.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Brentford were average.
We were poor.
The ref was poor.
The weather was poor.
The trains were poor.

On Tuesday night I know the weather will be better.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I sincerely believe we cannot be so poor all round again on Tuesday night. A few players must be starting to be concerned over their ability and form. Onwards we go.....

tue.JPG

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We were very poor and didnt get to grip with Woods , No 15, both Bruno and Duffy were too slow and exposed by pace. Murray and Hemed received no service whatsoever and for all AK trickery he produced nothing as regards of cutting them open. It looks good but is ineffective if there is no end product. Murphy started brightly but faded and I do not believe even a fit Lua Lua is an improvement, perhaps March is the answer when fit.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why not? I do

Wilfully misinterpreted but I take the point. Yes, of course he should be back there defending, But it's a fact of the way we played last season that Bruno getting forward to support Knockaert makes the team very dangerous. And he can't be in both places at once.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We were bad. Sam if you saw that game thats how a number 9 should be AND KNOWS WHERE THE ****ING GOAL IS

Isnt that what we wanted to sign a 4th striker to do?

Talking to a Bees fan on the way home apparently he is very good when fit which isnt often as he apparently missed nearly a complete season after signing from Rochdale. He then came back played a couple of games and was then out for another 3 months so they expect him to be injured again before October is out.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
We were very poor and didnt get to grip with Woods , No 15, both Bruno and Duffy were too slow and exposed by pace. Murray and Hemed received no service whatsoever and for all AK trickery he produced nothing as regards of cutting them open. It looks good but is ineffective if there is no end product. Murphy started brightly but faded and I do not believe even a fit Lua Lua is an improvement, perhaps March is the answer when fit.
Agree see my earlier comment no:29.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Looking again at the sky highlights (note - they don't show one Albion chance, it's all Brentford) - the first goal was just a blind hopeful punt forwards that found just Bruno nowhere and then v poor positioning from Stockdale made it too easy. Then a couple of good saves from Stockdale but players moaning at each other afterwards (laughable that Bong has a go at Dunk). 2nd goal, Dunk was well beaten sadly (his only mistake in the game imo) and a good finish, nothing Stockdale could to as it's hard and high into the roof of the net.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here