Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Were the Man of the Match sponsors pissed today ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
All the calls for Alzate seem to be forgetting just how poor and overrun he was for the first 30 minutes before Potter moved him out of the centre.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All the calls for Alzate seem to be forgetting just how poor and overrun he was for the first 30 minutes before Potter moved him out of the centre.

I noticed this, but assumed it was because Pröpper was so shite on the outside.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I noticed this, but assumed it was because Pröpper was so shite on the outside.

Debatable. I guess we’ll never know. For me I thought Alzate was having a shocker inside and Propper kept having to come inside to help him out defensively.

Either way, having any 2 of Propper, Gross, Stephens or Alzate out wide isn’t exactly a recipe for success.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Propper has been class this season, but didn’t have a good game yesterday. Alzate is fantastic.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Agree entirely, he kept us in the game with some good saves, from Walcott and Webster specifically. Keepers rarely get it though, especially after conceding two goals (not that he could do much about either)

Sorry mate, second one was all his fault. Should have stayed on his line, Calvert-Lewin was going nowhere.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
MoM selection is quite often based on “who would we like to meet and have a photo with?”.

Very much this. I was on a jolly at Withdean with some fellow NSC-ers when NSC had sponsored the game once. The pre-match and half time drinks had been flowing, and we were asked towards the end of the game who our MOTM was. The daft BINTS amongst us had been frothing at the gash all afternoon over our new signing Paul Reid, who had made his debut that afternoon. Despite there being several more worthy candidates in terms of performance, they all wanted a pic and a cuddle with the new aussie HUNK. And so it came to pass.

Very nice chap he was too.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
The sponsors MoM is largely to be ignored. More than likely, it is the son or daughter of the sponsor who has a favourite player.

Alzate was the obvious choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here