Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Were the club right to sack Chris Hughton now?

Were the club right to sack Chris Hughton now?

• Yes

Votes: 364 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 134 26.9%

• Total voters

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I'm abstaining. My head is telling me its the right thing, and I trust Tony and will stick by the club no matter what...but I can't bring myself to vote 'yes'.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On the one hand, the most accurate predictor of league position is wages. We had bottom 4 wages and a bottom 4 league finish. If we wanted Hughton to take us to mid-table or top half, we'd need a mid-table or top half wage bill. Anyone else we bring in are likely to hamtrung by the same restrictive wage bill.

There's also the idea that if you're no improving the squad, you're going backwards. We didn't improve the squad in January and nearly paid the price, but on the other hand, we spent on several players who weren't showing value for money. Jahanbakh, Locadia, even Bissouma only showed flashes.

There are no guarantees in football. Yes, Man U stuck with Ferguson that one time, but Cardiff stuck with Warnock and they went down, Wagner made the decision to walk away from Huddersfield, they were willing to see relegation with him in charge. We could have spent £100m in one window like fulham, and struggles, or we could have spent that much like Wolves and push on for Europe.

Was it right, was it wrong? I don't know, only time will tell. Maybe we'll push on, maybe we'll sleep walk into relegation before Christmas. Ultimately, it will be Tony Bloom that funds any shortfalls. should we go down at the end of next season, so he is the one who will pay (quite literally) if it is a mistake.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yes, we really coudn't play worse next season, but he would have found a way to.
The decision was made weeks ago I expect and Chris may have been asked to stay till the seasons end to grind out survival points for a consideration.

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
How can you factually out of interest ?

I am extremely close. Use your imagination. Ashworth was appointed for that purpose to overhaul the recruitment Tony Bloom has finally conceded that he got it wrong, there are a few that have come into the fold. Paul Winstanley will not be around for long as a result. I expect all of this to come to light eventually. CH did a great job with the resources, TB is delusional he really needs to reset his button and come down a few pegs they way he was pre premire league, his bought another football club now. He needs to focus on Brighton nothing else. His a gambler and likes to beat the odds, my concern is he doesn't realise that he has smashed the odds and as gamblers do he will need to lose big to realise what he had. Good luck to him, the fans and the club will be the losers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here