we're not very good

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
I've been to most home games this season and we are not getting any better. In fact so far it has been the most uninspiring season that I can remember for a long time. I feel sorry for Poyet and I hope he manages to bring in some new players in January, better than we already have otherwise we will be relegated.

There are five to six 'deadwood' players who will not be even leaving this club as they can sit out their respective contracts.

The talking from the players about how we are in a false position must stop, ie recent Bennett interviews, as we are where we deserve to be.

Poyet recently spoke about clubs coming in for Bennett in January which was a wrong move. His performances have dipped since and anyhow Poyet should not be talking openly in the media about who is playing well for our club, let clubs find out themselves, we are trying to build something special for the future.

In addition I feel we should now hear what Mr Bloom has to say about his expectations for this club next season. He wants to be in the Championship at the end of next season and I feel this is unrealistic now, we are struggling to stay in this division and three quarters of our players are not good enough. Mark my words, Poyet will be sacked if he does not keep us up this season or he does not get us promoted next year, then we'll have another manager coming in with a whole new set of ideas and players he likes/dislikes and the process starts all over again.

This is the most boring time we have had in a long while at the Withdean, frankly it is dire and I hope Poyet brings in some quality loan signings - Obika from Spurs (on loan at Yeovil) would be good and bomb out one of our forwards, we'll wait and see.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I think there has been some improvements, particulary that we have cut down on the dreadful individual defensive mistakes over the last 3 or 4 games.

But the team isn't great, but it's no worse than a dozen or so other teams in league 1. With the exception of the big names in this division, pretty much all the other teams are crap. The general standard of league 1 is awful, it's not just the Albion. It may be my memory playing tricks, but I'm sure the standard was better when I first started watching the Albion in the late 60s and early 70s. Players may be fitter and healthier now, but they are not so skillful and because of the money Premier League players earn these days, very few of them are interested in dropping down a couple of leagues towards the end of their careers, like they used to.

My conceren with Falmer is that the players will not improve and the lost generations who sit at home and watch the Prem on tv will realise just how crap the standard is lowere down the leagues and after a couple of matches, they will give up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports