Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're gonna finish 3rd

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Because of commitments the first game I saw was Brentford away and thought we were diabolical at the back, next was Blackpool at home and thought overall we were poor. However, after a good point at Forest, an encouraging display against Cardiff and another good point at Watford I'm starting to think we're worth a bet. Checked the odds and the best I can find for promotion is 16/1 most bookies giving 10/1 to 14/1 so not sure if it's worth a bet, but I'm optimistic good times are ahead.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Beauty of the championship is that if you win a couple of games you are close to the play offs & if you lose a couple of games you are close to the relegation zone.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Beauty of the championship is that if you win a couple of games you are close to the play offs & if you lose a couple of games you are close to the relegation zone.
At this stage yes but the beauty of the 3 points for a win system is that a win and a loss gets you more points than 2 draws. It makes it less effective just to play for bore draws.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Weren't Reading floundering in the bottom half at this stage of the season they won the league?

The club were languishing in 16th in November and were 11 points off the pace when they lost 1-0 to Hull on January 21. That proved to be their last home defeat as they won 15 of their last 17 league games.

But signing 34-year-old Roberts from Blackburn in the transfer window proved a masterstroke. Roberts has left Championship defenders battered and bruised, scoring six crucial goals in 15 games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here