Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're done

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I know quite a few Wednesday fans who aren't disappointed. Far from it, they are delighted to have a two goal lead over a team that hasn't beaten them this season.
We have a weakened squad now, so, although I hope we can do it on Monday, I very much doubt we will.

Hope is a terrible thing as the disappointment is greater, so I'd rather not hope right now.

I will be there supporting and singing, so don't abuse me, but I am also being realistic. We need a miracle.

Nah. We need to score two goals. Something we've managed 23 times this season.

Have to say I find the OP's post much less irritating than blaming where we are on vast intergalactic conspiracies of luck and referees.

In our hearts we know this season we haven't been good enough against the top 6 teams.

Yes we still have a long shot of making Wembley but it's all a massive disappointment from a couple of weeks ago. Fans are dealing with that in different ways and if you find yourself attacking a fellow Albion fan I'd say that's just your not very good way of dealing with what's happened

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I know quite a few Wednesday fans who aren't disappointed. Far from it, they are delighted to have a two goal lead over a team that hasn't beaten them this season.
We have a weakened squad now, so, although I hope we can do it on Monday, I very much doubt we will.

Hope is a terrible thing as the disappointment is greater, so I'd rather not hope right now.

I will be there supporting and singing, so don't abuse me, but I am also being realistic. We need a miracle.

Well summed up, don't know why some are telling me to 'give my ticket up' I will be singing as loud as I can on Monday, but realistically can't see us overcoming a 2 goal deficit with all the injuries.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've not conceded many at home, either. And, more or less, a full strength defensive unit.

You can't regard winning 2-0 at home as a 'miracle' without Sky-levels of hyperbole.

Trouble is, we rarely come out with all guns blazing. It's far more likely that Wednesday will score the first goal and kill the game stone dead.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We all said we're gonna do it the hard way so so far everything's going to plan!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Trouble is, we rarely come out with all guns blazing. It's far more likely that Wednesday will score the first goal and kill the game stone dead.

Maybe not, but we've scored the opening goal in 90% of the games we've played this year.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Enough of this defeatist talk already.

We're a better footballing side than Wednesday as evidenced by the league table.

We can score at least 2 goals in an hour and a half of football.

We held out with 10 men with the fates against us.

It's going to be a great night at the Amex.

The Albion will be up for it.

The fans believe.

#together

What a beautifully shaped post.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No team has ever come back and won and gone to wembley after being 2-0 down in the first leg. Just saying :whistle:.
You are just saying wrong.

Palace did it against Blackburn. Although that was a 2 legged final so technically you are right.

Main point though is that it is not impossible to come back from 2-0 down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here