Jul 6, 2003
Away at Southend, August 2000

"Bring on the champions!"

2-0 defeat. Keeper subbed at H/T.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Personally thought the majority of Manc fans I heard on Sunday outside the Stadium had Manc accents.
One asked me if I was selling any nose powder whilst I was minding my own business standing outside the coop,

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Disagree - it takes NJUTS to sing this when you're not clear of danger. Even better at 0-0 IMO.

Same with Oles in the first 10 minutes, more of this please
BIG BJALLS!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"We're all going on a European tour!*"

*Ts and Cs of a lack of squad depth apply

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Disagree - it takes NJUTS to sing this when you're not clear of danger. Even better at 0-0 IMO.

Same with Oles in the first 10 minutes, more of this please
Well if it results in goals for the opposition as has happened on several occasions now when we break open the Olé's too early I'd say it's madness. It's not just tempting fate, I'd also argue the players take their foot off the pedal just marginally when we do it and it raises the opposition's motivation.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Until Sunday, that chant always amused me. The reason being that my mate, a Wrexham fan, took his daughter to see a game. A few days later whilst I was chatting to him I could hear his butter wouldn't melt daughter singing in childlike innocence "You've had a day out, now f*** off home" in the other room.
Reminds me of the first time I used the F Word in my dear old Dad's presence. I was 5 and had gone to watch a local match at the park (when it was still safe for kids to go to the park on their own - 1961). Dad asked what the game had been like, and I said, repeating what someone near me had said:"St. Luke's were OK, but the other side weren't much f***ing good......" I got a "good hiding". Never forgot that!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I think it's LAW that football chants should make zero sense and not be taken seriously whatsoever. I'm pretty sure there's numerous threads picking apart the likes of "You're going home in a Sussex Ambulance", "We're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen", Stevie Coppell's got VD" and "Does your boyfriend know you're here" to name just four – of about 2,000!
Yep. I think (most?) fans are self-aware enough to take the micky out of themselves and their team as part of this too. Champions of Sussex for example, and one of my favourite memories of last season just because of the reaction of the nearby Arsenal fans, when we scored at their ground after what seemed like several lifetimes, let alone several games of barely having a short on target, "how s*it must you be, we scored a goal".

I remember a "you're nothing special we lose every week" being sung at us a few seasons ago too, can't remember who by.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Anyone else find it particularly frustrating when we are just 1-0 up and fans start Ole'ing and chanting We're brighton and hove albion, we're taking the p***...? Unsurprisingly, two minutes later the balls in the back of the net (y) embarrassing
No.

Its football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports