Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We're Brighton & Hove Albion, we're taking the p***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anyone else find it particularly frustrating when we are just 1-0 up and fans start Ole'ing and chanting We're brighton and hove albion, we're taking the p***...? Unsurprisingly, two minutes later the balls in the back of the net (y) embarrassing
Yes - naive, at least have a bit of daylight before singing it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone else find it particularly frustrating when we are just 1-0 up and fans start Ole'ing and chanting We're brighton and hove albion, we're taking the p***...? Unsurprisingly, two minutes later the balls in the back of the net (y) embarrassing
Yes....said so at the time (last night, and also v Leeds). Do it at 3-0 with 5 mins left, not at 1-0 before HT

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Although walking down Wembley way after Sundays defeat listening to Utd fans singing “you’ve seen Utd now f*** off home “ as childish as it is at 53 I bloody hope we beat them at home for the whole stadium to sing it back !
We were singing basically the same at Chelsea last week so can't really complain.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes.

Especially when we were so powder puff last night.

Where have their 'balls' gone?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Was ridiculous to start that so early and always had the potential to backfire ... which it did!!

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Although walking down Wembley way after Sundays defeat listening to Utd fans singing “you’ve seen Utd now f*** off home “ as childish as it is at 53 I bloody hope we beat them at home for the whole stadium to sing it back !
The City fans were singing: 'You've seen the champions, now f*** off home!' last night. So dull.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think it's LAW that football chants should make zero sense and not be taken seriously whatsoever. I'm pretty sure there's numerous threads picking apart the likes of "You're going home in a Sussex Ambulance", "We're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen", Stevie Coppell's got VD" and "Does your boyfriend know you're here" to name just four – of about 2,000!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The City fans were singing: 'You've seen the champions, now f*** off home!' last night. So dull.
I don’t find it dull when it’s (almost) fact. It’s this season’s new song.

We’re taking the piss song and ole ing is predominantly from our newer fans who’ve only seen success (since CH became manager). It makes us look mugs unless we win

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yes - naive, at least have a bit of daylight before singing it.
not as naive as all the whoppers on sm moaning about a dire performance , second half was like watching a different team...bla blah blah ,......we were out on our feet and no doubt Cooper told his boys that we were there for the taking , and we were ....it's not rocket science for f*** sake , how quickly people forget...kunts.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Disagree - it takes NJUTS to sing this when you're not clear of danger. Even better at 0-0 IMO.

Same with Oles in the first 10 minutes, more of this please

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Yes. Massively.

I always feel like it's jinxed it, it's big-6 level entitled, and it can fire up the other team's players & fans so if they do pull one back, they're doubly up for it like yesterday.

If it's 3-0 fine, make them think it's not worth even trying. But one up after half an hour? Ffs. Does the exact opposite. If I was on the receiving end at 1-0 and only half an hour in, it'd just make me think 'let's show these pricks' and raise my game.

Am I getting old?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It’s pantomime for fark’s ache. On our way to the Premier League Forest fans at the Amex sang “You’re only here for the Forest”. Amazingly that wasn’t actually the case, we were there to watch that fantastic BHA promotion side. I think we beat them 2-0, could have been 3-1, but hey, we got to see ‘the Forest’ into the bargain.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Until Sunday, that chant always amused me. The reason being that my mate, a Wrexham fan, took his daughter to see a game. A few days later whilst I was chatting to him I could hear his butter wouldn't melt daughter singing in childlike innocence "You've had a day out, now f*** off home" in the other room.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
It’s pantomime for fark’s ache. On our way to the Premier League Forest fans at the Amex sang “You’re only here for the Forest”. Amazingly that wasn’t actually the case, we were there to watch that fantastic BHA promotion side. I think we beat them 2-0, could have been 3-1, but hey, we got to see ‘the Forest’ into the bargain.
Yeah I do get that. It's panto when we're battering someone. It's also funny when it's ironic. If we'd been ole-ing at 2-0 down i'd be laughing. Sort of. I just think doing it so early is a bit naff.

I am a bit tired and grumpy today though so please excuse me. I'll be better by Saturday.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I think it's LAW that football chants should make zero sense and not be taken seriously whatsoever. I'm pretty sure there's numerous threads picking apart the likes of "You're going home in a Sussex Ambulance", "We're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen", Stevie Coppell's got VD" and "Does your boyfriend know you're here" to name just four – of about 2,000!
Solid point and there was a good example walking back down Wembley Way on Sunday.

First, there was a chorus of 'You only live round the corner' followed, soon after, by one of 'Your city is blue...' which, given that we've already assumed they all live in London, means that Chelsea must be the top dogs in the capital currently.

Makes zero sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here