Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We’re All Going On A European Tour!

el punal

With fingers crossed, legs crossed and buttocks clenched and a prevailing wind - maybe. So being super optimistic about getting a slot for Europe I thought about doing a bit of research. I have always promised myself that if our beloved Brighton ever made it to a European competition I would go to our first away fixture. There in lies a possible problem - and a test for the most loyal supporter’s resolve.

The worst case scenario for our first ever visit (apart from going to Total Network Solutions in Wales!) would be a trip to Astana in deepest, darkest Kazakhstan. Depending on which airline you choose, which date and time, and which route, you could end up with an expensive logistical nightmare. A couple of examples for you to ponder on :

Lufthansa. Depart Heathrow 07.30 - Arrive Astana 23.55 for round trip costing £334. Don’t know how/when you get back.

Turkish Airlines. Depart Gatwick 12.35 - Arrive Astana 03.25 (with a layover overnight in Istanbul) making the journey time 32 hours! Round trip costing £502.

As you can see, not the easiest gig to get to, but if Southern did Europe :ohmy:

If it all pans out though a lovely trip to Barcelona or Madrid would be ideal doncha think? :drink:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I wasn't going to say anything, but my passport runs out this summer and I've quickly renewed it, just in case!
Having a chat with my wife, who hates football and would never come to the Amex. She actually showed an interest and I couldn't work out why until she slipped in the words 'and where would we go if Brighton got into Europe?'

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wrong thread, but let’s do it anyway, altogether now:

Spurs are on their way to Wembley
Tottenham's going to do it again
They can't stop 'em
The boys from Tottenham
The boys from White Hart Lane
Spurs are on their way to Wembley
The Kings are claiming their crown
Everybody will be singing, When the Spurs go marching home

:moo:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As someone who has travelled internationally for football for a long time now, it’ll be fascinating on this forum if we get to Europe.

- how many would we take away to far flung European destinations on a Thursday.

- the blow up for the additional games midweek and how the club price it / handled with season tickets.

- the interesting travel plans people put together to save £20 by taking multiple flights

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It doesn't matter where though does it? IF we eventually realise our European dream and our first game is away against a team I've never heard of who are based in an inaccessible region of Outer Mongolia - I don't care I would like to go, and I can't be the only one.

(My only concern is that European football may prove to be a poisoned chalice as it has for so many mid-ranking clubs before us, and that our first Euro campaign will co-incide with a drop in our PL form - but I appreciate I am getting WAY ahead of myself there).

NOTE: I'm aware that Outer Mongolia isn't technically in Europe, but then Australia enter the Eurovision Song Contest so anything's possible.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
It doesn't matter where though does it? IF we eventually realise our European dream and our first game is away against a team I've never heard of who are based in an inaccessible region of Outer Mongolia - I don't care I would like to go, and I can't be the only one.

(My only concern is that European football may prove to be a poisoned chalice as it has for so many mid-ranking clubs before us, and that our first Euro campaign will co-incide with a drop in our PL form - but I appreciate I am getting WAY ahead of myself there).

NOTE: I'm aware that Outer Mongolia isn't technically in Europe, but then Australia enter the Eurovision Song Contest so anything's possible.
Mongolia is only about 30km from Kazakhstan so you're not far off.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The worst case scenario for our first ever visit (apart from going to Total Network Solutions in Wales!) would be a trip to Astana in deepest, darkest Kazakhstan.
One of the Seagulls over Dubai is married to a Kazakh lady.

Would you like me to make a provisional accommodation booking for 5,000 now or should I leave it a bit?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Don't care who we're playing, I'll try my hardest to be there.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Personally I’m holding back, I’d be happier if they resurrected the Intertoto cup

I think it is a great cup.

Open it up to all pro clubs to be played in Summer (means competitive football for all that want it rather than pointless friendlies). Have a dozen odd spots available in Europa Conference to winners. Give the lower league chance of a bit of adventure and a chance to play competitive European football. What is there not to like.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If (and a big IF) we qualified for Europe the demand for tickets would be huge. Imagine the binfest!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I was just looking at Leicester's run in the Europa and Conference League last season and dreaming of some of those games...

Europa Group Stage - Napoli, Legia Warsaw, Spartak Moscow (obviously not going to be an option going forward)
Conference League - Randers, Rennes, PSV Eindhoven, Roma

That's 2 of the most historic clubs and cities in Italy plus Denmark, Poland, Russia, France and the Netherlands all in one season. What a dream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here