Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "We're a side that generally haven't been big goalscorers this season."

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
This resurgence has very little to do with Baldock and everything to do with Knockaert.

The opposition now have to be spread to thin across the middle, covering BOTH wingers.
Stephens and Kayal can bitch any match up centrally when it's at best only 3 on 2.

Both opposition full backs need cover, and a centre half can't play Hemed man to man because TH pops up all over the place.

The scary part about that, for a devout pessimist like myself, is I just can't see how a team matches up against our first choice 4-4-2.
That's before you realise the second choice isn't to shabby either.

I'm sure it can be done, the team must be 'getatable'.
If I were an opposition manager, discipline would be the route I'd take, but that's hardly a vote of confidence in my own team.

Spot on.

I'd play Kaz instead of Baldock. Imagine the chaos that would cause opposition defences trying to cover Kaz Murphy Knockeart & Hemed all at once!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I don't think we've had any problem in front of goal, except for our Christmas blip. But in the games that we found the net a few times, we conceding a couple as well. We built a reputation of scraping through games with one goal wins or draws. We've been firing on all cylinders recently though and long may it continue. Hemed and Baldock play well together. And our midfield is full of class that can ensure the forwards get chances to score.

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 13.41.28.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here