Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Went to Chelsea v Palace - Observations

Feb 14, 2010
I think you have to agree though WCP they make more noise per head than we do, and it pains me to admit it.

They didnt the last couple of seasons when at home in the Championship on a midweek game! Palace actually had the bare faced cheek to sing at Chelsea "where were you when you were shit".. cough midweek games in the Championship cough, 16000 with groupon on a Saturday cough.. I judge a set of fans when playing lower league football, not when in a season in the top flight. They remind of when Bradford got there, all happy to be there but its all about games against Rochdale away and Hartlepool at home for me.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think you are trying, I will give you that but you do have to get rid of the lad with the drum, goal music and its just true that you do have to turn up for midweek championship matches as well as Premier league games

You cant resist it can yer . Anyway people support clubs in different ways , yes we have a drummer , but tbh its not every game and not every song . I go to championship midweek games and have done for years so your point is irrevent to me , if you went it would have some substance but you dont and it hasnt . You dont seem to get the ironry of your posts continually slating our support when you havent been in donkeys ( maybe im being whooooshed ) but our support is thriving and growing ! and its proper support ( drummer and all )

Feb 14, 2010
You cant resist it can yer . Anyway people support clubs in different ways , yes we have a drummer , but tbh its not every game and not every song . I go to championship midweek games and have done for years so your point is irrevent to me , if you went it would have some substance but you dont and it hasnt . You dont seem to get the ironry of your posts continually slating our support when you havent been in donkeys ( maybe im being whooooshed ) but our support is thriving and growing ! and its proper support ( drummer and all )

I agree your support is growing (has grown) for this season in the top flight. But that says it all, flexible friends, they wont be there in the Championship, never mind the 4th tier

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What started off as an interesting thread has once again turned into a one eyed lunatic rant. We were playing to crowds of less than 5,000 with huge swathes of Withdean empty only five years ago.

However, at least I have sorted out WCP's Christmas present......''

993482_10202335132356814_1668425427_n.jpg

Feb 14, 2010
El P as usuasl fails to add after 10 years without a ground, and when playing Hatlepool in the lower leagues at a ground without a roof and for the very odd game. He also fails to notice the 10,000 declared for games against Leyton Orient (was much bigger) back at the Goldstone under Gritt. He also fails to mention that last year palace were playing to 10,000 to 15,000 less than us or that Brighton get bigger gates than Leeds. But carry on El P. As for Chelsea, well it makes for a good work do, and its good to see skilful players but no idea what Chelsea fans make of it.

raba

Jun 9, 2013
What started off as an interesting thread has once again turned into a one eyed lunatic rant. We were playing to crowds of less than 5,000 with huge swathes of Withdean empty only five years ago.

View attachment 49531
He won't take that onboard mate, he'll answer with regurgitated waffle like he does every thread.

I think he had been drinking yesterday so drunkenly posted something worth reading, spotted his error this morning & had to troll it up like the turbo-mong he is.

*Edit ^^^ There you go.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Whenever i see WCP or Pink Fairy posting 'It's not like it used to be' and 'when i were a lad' all i can think of is the four yorkshiremen sketch.

Trouble is, that was a parody. For some on here it is real life :facepalm:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
They didnt the last couple of seasons when at home in the Championship on a midweek game! Palace actually had the bare faced cheek to sing at Chelsea "where were you when you were shit".. cough midweek games in the Championship cough, 16000 with groupon on a Saturday cough.. I judge a set of fans when playing lower league football, not when in a season in the top flight. They remind of when Bradford got there, all happy to be there but its all about games against Rochdale away and Hartlepool at home for me.

I go to every game, every week home and away. I have done for 16 years now. I've put my money where my mouth is, bought my season ticket (again I've had it for 16 years) bought tickets for other people, done it all with not much cash. You on the other hand never go to Brighton games and yet when a ticket becomes available from Chelski v Palace at the Bridge you leap at the chance. You really want to talk about real fans? You've become a parody of yourself mate.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Whenever i see WCP or Pink Fairy posting 'It's not like it used to be' and 'when i were a lad' all i can think of is the four yorkshiremen sketch.

Trouble is, that was a parody. For some on here it is real life :facepalm:

Listen you slaaaaaaaaaaag, don't diss WCP or PPF, both in my crew, so no lip, savvy? They were both at the Kelvin Morton Palace game back in the 80's where there were five penalties, and they did us prahhd that day when we took on some of the Palace filth in their boozer, on their turf, in their manor, before the game.

Can't go into details as it's strictly for those ITK, but if the words, Professor Plum, in the library, with the candlestick, mean anything to you, you'll know that these two top boys delivered that day, when you scarfers were too busy doing your knitting.

God Bless the Queen Mum and Ray Winstone.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Listen you slaaaaaaaaaaag, don't diss WCP or PPF, both in my crew, so no lip, savvy? They were both at the Kelvin Morton Palace game back in the 80's where there were five penalties, and they did us prahhd that day when we took on some of the Palace filth in their boozer, on their turf, in their manor, before the game.

Can't go into details as it's strictly for those ITK, but if the words, Professor Plum, in the library, with the candlestick, mean anything to you, you'll know that these two top boys delivered that day, when you scarfers were too busy doing your knitting.

God Bless the Queen Mum and Ray Winstone.

I know when i'm beaten :(

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Wow, does not go and see "his" team but goes to watch fecking Chelsea, then goes around talking about plastics. Biggest :tosser: on NSC

Jan 30, 2008
I have seen Brighton away a few times and wouldnt agree with you. You still see groups of lads both young and old following Brighton. At home, well when you get 27,000 at home then that element will be less visible but away I still notice them. I think lower league football is more like that in general.
???
regards
DR

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

View attachment 49531

She looks the sort who'd be keen to do "half and half" :wink:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was there on saturday, it a joke at chelsea these days , they actually have people in green tracksuits with ' here to help badges ' for people who dont know where to go, full of tourists taking pictures , the fact is that a lot of old school chelsea have been priced out, anyway in answer to the palace fans singing ' where were you when you were shit' (yawn) IMG_1995.JPG

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I also went to Chelsea v palace on Sat (freebie tickets through a mates work). I was in the West Upper. Palace made good noise throughout but it was all the Whoa Whoa stuff, different to most normal chanting i have heard over the years. Either Chelsea had an off day or palace played pretty well, they were never out of it. I thought Chelsea were very quiet throughout apart from the goals and a min or so after and about 5 mins after half time. I thought it was quieter than the Amex. In our area there were loads of people who don't get to football very often. Lots of Chinese with huge cameras and a few scandinavian visitors, some with extremely attractive lady friends. I thought behind the scenes were not as good as the amex either, the choice of beer was Singa bottles or London pride bottles (Singa £4.00 london Pride £4.60) Overall enjoyed seeing Palace lose but they deseverve a bit of a pat on the back as they were better than i thought they would be (or Chelsea were worse) I do not think we have anything to worry about with the Amex atmosphere, it's as good as most places if not better.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any team that allows Torres to score deserves to lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here