Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wenger's radical rule changes

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I really like the offside change and the quick free kick suggestion. Both give an advantage to the attacking team.

Don't approve of the in swinging corner rule, I don't think it is too much to ask that ball remain in play at all times. The throw-in suggestion seems gimmicky to me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why are throw-in's now a problem, outswinging corners ffs, why?? what is the obsession with having rule changes?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Interpretation of handball and offside laws is required.

The have to take into account the precision available from VAR interventions.

This needs a lot of careful thought, as any change to give too much advantage to attacking teams, could create a situation where defensive tactics are changed to make a much duller game.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
But was reported again on TalkSport today

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
why are throw-in's now a problem, outswinging corners ffs, why?? what is the obsession with having rule changes?
It's part of the rules to regularly review and change the rules. That's the rules.

(If Old Wengy is still on for the 'clear blue daylight' for offside, and the 'if VARman can't decide in 20 seconds (he plays for Brighton and Hove Albion and he's f***ing dynamite, sorry, carried away there), then the on-field's ref's decision, no matter how crazy, stands' wheezes, then I'm in.)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given how poor we are at throw ins, we may actually benefit from kick-ins.

The offside change may be worth a trial.

But just leave the game alone.

What next, if you score from outside the box, it counts as two goals, and from your own half three goals.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Cause every egotist administrator, plutocrat etc has to have LEGACY…which is ironic when you think they’re trying to get rid of LEGACY fans!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Given how poor we are at throw ins, we may actually benefit from kick-ins.

The offside change may be worth a trial.

But just leave the game alone.

What next, if you score from outside the box, it counts as two goals, and from your own half three goals.
And if you touch the post it’s two free shots.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I did like Dermot Gallagher’s idea for the offside rule. Feet only no noses or arms or heads or knees.
And boomps-a-daisy

Long advocated that. just seems sensible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here