Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wembley Wembley.........

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I'm sorry but have we not learned anything from talking about promotion or a Wembley play-off Final BEFORE a ball has even been kicked in the semi-final? At this point all talk of Wembley should be banned. We have a very difficult match against Sheffield Wednesday. We have never won at Hillsborough and although we don't have to win there, (it would obviously help enormously) its evidence of just how tough it will be in what's sure to be another hostile atmosphere. Plus we generally struggle against the top six teams at home, so it will be a very, difficult game. Let's give the Wembley talk a rest.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm sorry but have we not learned anything from talking about promotion or a Wembley play-off Final BEFORE a ball has even been kicked in the semi-final? At this point all talk of Wembley should be banned. We have a very difficult match against Sheffield Wednesday. We have never won at Hillsborough and although we don't have to win there, (it would obviously help enormously) its evidence of just how tough it will be in what's sure to be another hostile atmosphere. Plus we generally struggle against the top six teams at home, so it will be a very, difficult game. Let's give the Wembley talk a rest.

Banned? Blimey, we're playing Wednesday for a place at Wembley, of course there's going to be talk about it. Hughton will get his players focussed on Friday but this is a forum and we're fans. I don't think our speculation is going to have any impact on the outcome, although maybe it does!

I'm making plans for Wembley, mates, times, beer joints etc, worst that can happen is we don't go

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Banned? Blimey, we're playing Wednesday for a place at Wembley, of course there's going to be talk about it. Hughton will get his players focussed on Friday but this is a forum and we're fans. I don't think our speculation is going to have any impact on the outcome, although maybe it does!

I'm making plans for Wembley, mates, times, beer joints etc, worst that can happen is we don't go

As I've said, in my view, talking about Wembley now is premature and could be seen as complacent by our opponents. The same happened after the ist leg of the play-off final v Palace and we all know what happened then.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As I've said, in my view, talking about Wembley now is premature and could be seen as complacent by our opponents. The same happened after the ist leg of the play-off final v Palace and we all know what happened then.

Wednesday won't be tactically preparing based on the views of a few fans on a forum.

I'm going to remain optimistic and hopeful and join in with the party. If we lose to Wednesday I'm happy to say it was my fault if you like

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Indeed.

We could be out of the playoffs in 8 days and season over.

0-0 at Hilsbrough and Wednesday getting an away goal would make it pretty horrible with the seconds ticking down at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here