Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wembley SF Ticket Purchase Priority

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I’m glad the semis are at Wembley.

I’m not old enough to have seen us at the Old Wembley and don’t count the Spurs away game as properly playing there. So without the FA Cup I’d have gone ages without a proper day out there.

I don’t think anyone under the age of 40 would rather they were played at somewhere like Villa Park…

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It is a joke that you build a stadium with supposedly 90,000 seats, and for many ‘sold out’ events at least 10,000 seats remain empty.
Yep but they don’t have a ticket exchange system as tickets are deemed sold and are I believe transferable unlike our somewhat draconian methods.

The issue you’re dealing with here is too many people with too much money to buy such tickets then only use them when they want and not give a tinkers cuss whether there are empty unused seats available.

FWIW if I were head of marketing/sales for the FA or Wembley (whoever controls Club Wembley) I’d create an exchange so tickets could be re-listed for all games. Sure you’d never get 100% of unused tickets put up there but if it were easy to do you’d get the majority I’m sure. Then the only issue is controlling who buys for partisan games such as this with two opposing teams rather than for example all England matches were mixing is not an issue.

scooter1

How soon is now?
. Then the only issue is controlling who buys for partisan games such as this with two opposing teams rather than for example all England matches were mixing is not an issue.
And therein lies the problem. It would be an administrative nightmare to try and manage. And the media kickback when they inevitably got it wrong is probably not worth the resources required to try and make it work

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Atmosphere v view , personally I am looking to get the best side view I can get this time for what i can afford.

Regards atmosphere, I went to Leeds and either side of me were two lads who spent the whole came shouting at the Leeds fans and did not watch the game at all,

Quite happy with supporting and singing but just shouting cause they were pissed was not an atmosphere I liked personally though each to his own ....
I'm aiming for as close to the same view as I get in the WSU - to I reckon quite high up on the light blue sections (tier 2) down the side. Also happens to only be 65 quid and 55 for my old man. I wonder if anyone has any experience of there? Personally don't like being behind goals. I like a nice big view of the lovely tactics like a dweeb.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don’t think anyone under the age of 40 would rather they were played at somewhere like Villa Park…
Perhaps because they don't know what they're missing. FA Cup semi-finals on club grounds were great - getting to Wembley was a huge prize in itself because it was such a rarity. Made the Final far more special. Now, it's just an opportunity for fans to get fleeced again a few weeks later.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm aiming for as close to the same view as I get in the WSU - to I reckon quite high up on the light blue sections (tier 2) down the side. Also happens to only be 65 quid and 55 for my old man. I wonder if anyone has any experience of there? Personally don't like being behind goals. I like a nice big view of the lovely tactics like a dweeb.
We sat in that area for the City semi final. You certainly get an excellent overall view of the game, and it does sound like the spot for you. One thing I would say though is that I felt slightly disconnected from the game and the atmosphere. Given that we are playing Utd I suspect they may be more up for it than their sky blue brethren so this may be less of an issue.

Take a look here for the view

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
We sat in that area for the City semi final. You certainly get an excellent overall view of the game, and it does sound like the spot for you. One thing I would say though is that I felt slightly disconnected from the game and the atmosphere. Given that we are playing Utd I suspect they may be more up for it than their sky blue brethren so this may be less of an issue.

We sat in block 530 for the City one.... quite high up, good view, similar to my usual West Upper seat , tbh. Will probably try for the same again, if all my mates can be persuaded to sit there.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Perhaps because they don't know what they're missing. FA Cup semi-finals on club grounds were great - getting to Wembley was a huge prize in itself because it was such a rarity. Made the Final far more special. Now, it's just an opportunity for fans to get fleeced again a few weeks later.

For me, playing at Wembley a few weeks beforehand would not impact how special seeing Brighton play in an FA Cup final would be.

For clubs like ours it’s still a rarity, we’ll sell more tickets for the SF than the Amex capacity, and IF we get to final, we’ll sell that out too.

I just don’t understand how travelling up to Birmingham, playing in a worse stadium and having less fans there to see it can be better.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

That's really helpful thanks. Yes I'm going going to try and get as low down in Cat 2 as possible. Then if I can't make that I may have to break the bank for the mid tier. I'm not SO fussed about feeling a little disconnected and I can use the Semi as trial run for the final... 🤪🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞.

Given the overall cost of the day and hopefully the potential for a re-run for a final, the difference saves us about £100 in total, and will hopefully feel similar to our Amex experience.

The only stumbling block being I'm in STH level 4 so may have to see what's leftover!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The attendance for our game was 71,521.

On the previous day, Wolves v Watford had 80,092.

Last year Chelsea v Palace was 76,238 and Man City v Liverpool had 73,793.

In summary, there seems to be a lot of empty seats for most FA Cup semi-finals!
Agreed frustrating bit is that tier 2 (best seats?) Were very empty.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Agreed frustrating bit is that tier 2 (best seats?) Were very empty.
When I saw England at Wembley in 1985, I climbed up from the lower tier to the top tier as it was much emptier and looked like it had a better view! Shame that isn’t an option at the ‘new’ Wembley, and I’d probably break my back trying now even if it was!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
For me, playing at Wembley a few weeks beforehand would not impact how special seeing Brighton play in an FA Cup final would be.

For clubs like ours it’s still a rarity, we’ll sell more tickets for the SF than the Amex capacity, and IF we get to final, we’ll sell that out too.

I just don’t understand how travelling up to Birmingham, playing in a worse stadium and having less fans there to see it can be better.
Depends where you are starting from. If you are only talking about a minority of football clubs ie the ones in the SE of England then the SE based FA definitely made the right decision to base the semi finals at their money printing London ground.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Depends where you are starting from. If you are only talking about a minority of football clubs ie the ones in the SE of England then the SE based FA definitely made the right decision to base the semi finals at their money printing London ground.
Surely better in the biggest grounds so the most fans can attend ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not sure why they need so many Club Wembley seats when they're empty for loads of games. Also, why not have them all at the sides and allow both ends to be exclusively for fans of the teams involved? Tertible idea for atmosphere to split them with a middle 'neutral' tier.

Jul 7, 2003
Not sure why they need so many Club Wembley seats when they're empty for loads of games. Also, why not have them all at the sides and allow both ends to be exclusively for fans of the teams involved? Tertible idea for atmosphere to split them with a middle 'neutral' tier.
It's because they are included in the membership packages for Club Wembley - https://www.clubwembley.com/membership

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here