Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welsh FA charged for supporters wearing poppies in the stands.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If we were that important the World Cup would be here next year.

I don't know whether the assertion about the importance of the English team to advertisers is correct but you clearly misunderstand the difference between FIFA and its sponsors. FIFA don't like the English and they especially don't like our newspapers' investigations into their moral and financial probity. The sponsors are NOT FIFA.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Had not seen the full charges. Only what was reported at the beginning of the day where the Welsh FA had put out the cards for the mosaic in the stands.

Shouldn't have dismissed it out hand then should you ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What next bonus points and extra prize money if supporters in the ground wear badges saying FIFA is great or Blatter is innocent

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't know whether the assertion about the importance of the English team to advertisers is correct but you clearly misunderstand the difference between FIFA and its sponsors. FIFA don't like the English and they especially don't like our newspapers' investigations into their moral and financial probity. The sponsors are NOT FIFA.

Not sure what I would have done with out this.

Thanks.

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
FIFA are a total joke, nothing has changed and nothing ever will in that organisation. I hope the Welsh FA are able to fight whatever punishment is administered, the English and Scottish FA's should back them to the hilt.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What next bonus points and extra prize money if supporters in the ground wear badges saying FIFA is great or Blatter is innocent

UEFA fined Manchester City when their fans booed the UEFA anthem when it was played before the start of CL matches, so perhaps it's an idea that they might adopt.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
FIFA are a total joke, nothing has changed and nothing ever will in that organisation. I hope the Welsh FA are able to fight whatever punishment is administered, the English and Scottish FA's should back them to the hilt.

With you,so lets back Local ppl and trade. DONT BIG BRANDS.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I would have thought the English FA might be more concerned about the molestation of youth players by coaches at football clubs under their jurisdiction.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe supporters should pin a brown envelope with a wad of euros inside to their lapel. That surely wouldn't break FIFA policy.

I have to say that when I saw the initial post I refused to believe it. Please tell me it's not a wind up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here