Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weller to make appearance at concorde 2 with from the jam???

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Roll call , for From The Jam at Concorde 2

Me + 3 others (+ Paul weller )
Gonna be a great day Albion v Forest in the afternoon followed by From The Jam in the Evening ( + Beer )

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Roll call , for From The Jam at Concorde 2

Me + 3 others (+ Paul weller )
Gonna be a great day Albion v Forest in the afternoon followed by From The Jam in the Evening ( + Beer )

I've heard for the encore Weller is going to come onstage holding hands aloft with Vicente for the line 'a famous footballer, a rock singer' & then dive into the mosh pit never to be seen again

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Just to add fuel to the fire for the theorists, Weller plays on 3 of the tracks on Foxton's new solo album, which was recorded at Wellers studio. So it would appear that there little get-together 2 years ago was not a one-off**

**(Disclaimer, it is never going to happen at the Concorde)

As i said in my opening post!! should be a belter whatever and after we've taken 3 pts of Forrest....you going modfather?

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
As i said in my opening post!! should be a belter whatever and after we've taken 3 pts of Forrest....you going modfather?

I am not going, as it does not feel right to see/hear those songs without Weller singing. I do, of course see Weller whenever I can, and he has thrown a few more Jam songs into his set over the last few years.
At his last gigs in Brighton he did Eton Rifles, Strange town, Art School, Pretty Green & Start.

I am sure it will be a cracking night. Enjoy

Not that I am aware of, but there certainly should be. I would like to hear someone have a go at Down in the Seine

think I used to do quite a good 'Down In The Seine' staggering home from the William Tell after 10 pints, I could do Heartland by The The as well! Age had caught up
with me now but I can still do 'In Amsterdam' .....Dooooo...dooo...dooo...dooo....doooooo.....etc

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
think I used to do quite a good 'Down In The Seine' staggering home from the William Tell after 10 pints, I could do Heartland by The The as well! Age had caught up
with me now but I can still do 'In Amsterdam' .....Dooooo...dooo...dooo...dooo....doooooo.....etc

I always preferred your Joe Jackson rather than your attempts ar Weller

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
I wouldnt put anyone off going to see From The Jam - I've seen them with and without Buckler and they've been good. I think its probably because if you were a fan its great to hear the old stuff in a live concert again.
I remember Weller saying when he broke up the band 30 years ago that he didn't want to go on and on and get boring like the Rolling Stones - I just heard the new Rolling Stones single this week! I might wonder what he'd think now, but I think he's mellowed in his old age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here