Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wellbeck

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Up there with Leon Best in terms of shocking strikers in the Amex era for me. The fact we are paying him over £70k a week possibly makes him even worse. How on earth are Tau or Zeqiri not getting on the pitch ahead of him? At least they both seem like he can be arsed to run about a bit.

Agree he's a waste of money.

How much is up for debate, as very few people know for certain,
I doubt your figure is correct and is certainly not a fact.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
True, Wellbeck is looking an expensive mistake at the moment.

But the same was true about Lallana recently.

I've not given up hope Danny can turn it around and contribute this season.

Either way, he won't be here next season

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We have to start Welbeck to judge him properly. We were terrible in the second half, so not easy to come into a game when the midfield have pretty much given up.

No coincidence when he did start he scored that decent goal against Villa

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
We have to start Welbeck to judge him properly. We were terrible in the second half, so not easy to come into a game when the midfield have pretty much given up.

This completely, can only give a fair judgement when he starts matches with a team structure that had been trained and worked at in the days up to the match not when he’s been thrown on with 20 - 30 mins to play when any structure has been thrown to the wind as we are chasing a goal.
Recently (since Welbeck has recovered from injury) we’ve been starting 4 players who are most comfortable in a No. 10 role and no one (Maupay excepted) who’s comfortable in a No. 9 role.
My personal opinion is if we give Welbeck & Maupay the same number of matches to gel together as partnership as we gave to the Trossard/Maupay/Mac Allister front 3 then results and more goals might improve but time is running out.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Bissouma hasn't turned up for weeks, not just the second half sadly

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

[emoji102]

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
He was effective and well done Potter, he at last changed things up front. Tried something different. Maupay? Tidy, and pleasing that he was sensible towards the end but well need more.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Definitely one of his best performances, got a lot more involved today and took turns with Maupay in applying pressure so that both of them could get a bit of rest now and then. Keep it up.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Pleased to see him get a start today and justified it too.

Lovely, deft little touch to put Trossard in. I thought we looked better balanced up front.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Funny when Danny Murphy said he couldn't understand why Wellbeck was taken off as he still looked 'fresh'. No, he was just beginnng to curdle and Potter chenged it up perfectly.

Oh, and the reason he and Lallana don't play every week is because . . . . they are both made of glass. Hopefully, now, reinforced glass.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Played really well today.

I take back everything I have said recently.
HAs a role to play in this squad.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Quality from Wellbs today

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Lets face it he hasn't really had a decent run of games and been interrupted by injury. He's a class act if he can stay fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here